DNJ-Tennessee Tech Player, new Siegel VB Coach

PHargis

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

siegel High School adminsitration, in the tradition of the past 9 years, selects a new volleyball Coach and Staff with University and Club background to lead 2012 season. Selection fits in with 7AAA atmosphere and competition and highly regarded play in the Mid State and State.

This will answer the question that gets debated often, whether a former player and club coach with no real coaching experience can be a top tier high school coach.

Siegel should be in the state final four this year, and compete for a state championship. The district and region, and state as a whole are down. No one should really be able to keep Siegel from being in another final four. If Mr. H is right, that club is superior to high school, then Siegel should win its first state championship.

I, however, disagree. I think Siegel made a mistake going with someone so young with no real coaching experience to lead a team with so much talent. I predict that they won't get out of district.

Jay G. was an awful high school coach. Good at club,but didn't have the ability to move up to the high school level.

There have been great high school coaches who have done well at club, but there has never been a club coach with no real coaching experience move up to high school and do well without spending time to mentor as an asst.

J and J from our district are prime examples of club guys who couldn't deliver at the high school level.

Mr. H, I hope you are right and club is the way to go, but with a program like siegel, with the talent to win a state championship, I would think that they would go with a proven leader.

Time will tell.

Mr. Harris, why did you delete your response? I.was going to respond to your state predictions which I thought were a little...odd.

I don't think you were being sincere when you said this choice was solely that of the principal. How many of these players are members of this club? This is another case of parents getting involved to pick a coach. Just ask Page, or Harpeth Hall, or Franklin how that works out.

I like your posts, but you need to be truthful. To say that the parents weren't the driving force in this hire is not cool.

I thought siegel was on the way to becoming a volleyball power. This will be a step back, which is sad. If siegel isn't in the final four then they have underperformed.

I don't blame the parents, they drink Jays kool aid. He is a con man who is interested in his bank account getting bigger. Trust me, we lived it. Now he has another feeder. Great for his club, sad for a school that had a chance to do something special.

Sorry about that, the delete was not on my end. A lot of people can delete posts. It is surprising you got yours thru. Babe you started out with some creditability and now you have gone way past what you think you know.

Your facts are strickly bogus and don't make any difference. Just as it is all over the state, players do play where they want I would hope. Parents might have some preference. Since you are meddling in to how Coaches are selected, I would suggest you find someone in authority who can officially give you the information you want in any hires any place. You are knnowledgable and know who that might be. If they want to give it to you they will but the direction you are beginning to take is 180 degrees in the wrong direction and gets into privacy information, i.e., posts getting deleted. Your acusations are full of liable and its no ones business what students do or families. You are interfering with High School Business and families who's kids go to a High School and teachers who are hired to teach and coach. Most all coaches carry insurance which cover them up to a million dollars for slanderous accusations. I would recommend you back off of this. if you want to tangle with any of these club people, they will tangle with you I am sure. This is my last post on the matter.

Mr. Harris, is this a joke? I read your earlier post, and I doubt anyone but you deleted it.

Please, tell me the name of a single coach, just one, that has this type of insurance. Sir, you shouldn't post about your own school because you lose all since of objectivity, and you sound silly.

What is the harm with Seigal hiring the players club coach? I don't know of a single principal who follows volleyball. Usually the parents are involved.

You are too hard on the Brentwood fan. She is just sad that her teams day as passed!

Sir, you should take a breath. Seigal has the most talent in the area, all played club, and they should make a run at the title. I like the club hire.

I agree that J is a salesman, not a coach, but the coaches that work for him are talented.

I have no authority to delete. You might email CT and he will confirm the fact. Lets see one for and one against. Must have been the right selection but if they lose every match, players and parents are definitely the winners for life. And that is a long time. MAVA, who has after season senior Tournaments is sponsered by a company who has 3600 coaches in the State of Tennessee signed to agreement to help resolve disputes.. Difficult to know everything it is covered but it has been posted on this site at about the time of the event at Centennial. You might read who posted the post concerning club coaches. it was not me for or against. I do not speak for the school nor do I have any influence as to who is hired. Schools hire teachers and consequently name coaches. You are correct, I think. Parents do have input but the final selection is a principal and could have been the reason took so long since a Principal had just retired. Now this is my last post on this matter. Many of you already know I do support the school and am a volleyball fan. I support no Club, at the time being, but do support any and every player who tries to make theirselves better and train themselves in off season. I would like to go on record as to say you were the one who said that a players club coach was hired. No one else has said that but schools pay great attention to make sure what they do is above board. Principals have little interest in Volleyball is a unkind thing to say about the profession. With one of the fastest growing sports in High School and with as many attracting College/University venues, they have to be interested. Such has been this School who has had Administration Support at just about every match for the past 9 years. PP you are either out of touch or sometime needs to drive down 840 to 7AAA big girls schools to see who shows up.

Something tells me all of this commotion outside of the School are Club issues. I am tired of Club issues. This is not club season. Both posts on this site have to do with club. Club plays an important service in Volleyball but the High School coach is "Queen" from now until trhe later part of October. I appreciate the posts but do not appreciate being misquoted nor the fight between clubs if that is what is going on. I have retired from this subject until December and ask that Play4keeps put nissues like this on the Volleyball Club site if she would.

What about your statement that most all coaches carry insurance of one million dollars...

Sir, that is not true. If you are going to post untrue statements how can we believe any of your posts? I think you are damaging siegel volleyball by being so unspoken. You started this thread.

It is true what you say. I would say that each coach should understand their own status and check to see if it applies to them. It was published and confirmed last year that 3600 coaches had signed up. Thats as far as I will go. You may be asking if it applies to part time, etc and how much does it cost and since I'm not in the ins. business, I don't know but 3600 was compelling if true. This site has always supported coaches and the job they do. CT is known for his fairness. I don 't see what the exact wording was of my post but if the 3600 was right, Opportunity does carry with it some responsibility. This site has rules and regulations and sometimes posts are deleted for some. I see nothing in her post that says Brentwood high School Days have passed nor do I believe that it is even close to the case. Population and Coaching will never let that happen nor will one of the best parent groups in the State. History does tell me that the "Babe", who is a frequent preseason poster who I respect very much, aways comes up with the same story as to when a coach they had did not do well. Its her opinion and history. And it usually follows up someone who doesnt understand the post...I appreciate your concern about my post and there is no doubt pageplayer district 11 will be as great a District, IMO, as it has been. How could it not be? By the way, I have no quarrel with you and this year its my school but last year it was another school, D2, that was having a difficult time because of some sickness on the team and wasnt able to do very well and you got them good. Back off and smell the roses. All is not bad, in fact, pretty good.

Edited by PHargis

Sorry about that, the delete was not on my end. A lot of people can delete posts. It is surprising you got yours thru. Babe you started out with some creditability and now you have gone way past what you think you know.

Your facts are strickly bogus and don't make any difference. Just as it is all over the state, players do play where they want I would hope. Parents might have some preference. Since you are meddling in to how Coaches are selected, I would suggest you find someone in authority who can officially give you the information you want in any hires any place. You are knnowledgable and know who that might be. If they want to give it to you they will but the direction you are beginning to take is 180 degrees in the wrong direction and gets into privacy information, i.e., posts getting deleted. Your acusations are full of liable and its no ones business what students do or families. You are interfering with High School Business and families who's kids go to a High School and teachers who are hired to teach and coach. Most all coaches carry insurance which cover them up to a million dollars for slanderous accusations. I would recommend you back off of this. if you want to tangle with any of these club people, they will tangle with you I am sure. This is my last post on the matter.

I know of no volleyball coaches with a million dollar insurance policy that could be used to sue someone on an online chat forum. Can you imagine going to an attorney with the request to sue someone for slander over something like this? They would be laughed out of the building.

The use of club coaches for volleyball is nothing new. Many "assistant coaches" of the past have been club coaches who actually run the program because many coaches have not had the knowledge of the game. Siegel will be fine due to the extansive training the younger kids have had in club ball. I personally do not like the way club programs have become such a force in high school volleyball. Brentwood did not become a true powerhouse until the clubs became so dominant in Williamson County. The expense involved in club ball could be saved into the kid's college savings fund rather than hoping to get a volleyball scholarship that often never materializes.

This is vb71, not Hargis. There are no club coaches running top programs now that I know of. There have been in the past. I would rather not name teams; however, I have been associated with the sport for 26 years. The fact that Williamson County, and Siegel, have become dominant areas for volleyball due to the formation of club programs and coaches can't be argued. I do not like the thought of being compensated for teaching kids a sport that I love; therefore I do not support clubs. I was taught the game by older players who still play, some being over 70 years old. Just because I don't like the expenses involved in club ball does not mean that it has not been effective. Siegel will be just fine with the new coaching staff. Too many players have had too many years of training for the program to fall off.

Announcements