william blount football 2012

Governm

WB lost a lot of players from a team that was, at best, competitive last year. I won't say they are young, as much as it is inexperienced, but they are inexperienced in some key positions. Those kids will have to grow up in a hurry if WB is going to win very many. I see another 3-7 year, maybe 4-6 if those younger kids grow up quick.

WB has a coach that wants to win, but i am not sold on the fact that he knows how to win. What I do know is that he is teetering on making a decision that is going to cost him a lot of solid football players that are due to come to his program in the next 1-3 years. When you don't care if you are running off future players, when you don't have much to start with, kind of makes one wonder if he intended on being there very long in the first place.

Maybe one of the qualifications for the next coach they hire should be that his feet have to at least reach the floor when he sits on the toilet, cause I think there is some "short man syndrome" going on there.

GO REBELS

I have heard the same thing about that guy since the day he was hired and it seems like three straight 3 win seasons has confirmed it. I was especially surprised at how last year's team ended up, WB had a lot of talent last year and it showed against the Rebels. It seems like the kids play hard at both county schools I just wish they could build consistent coaching staffs like we have. Maybe the Mountaineers have finally figured that out. I think I will sneak over to Mike White field to see if Heritage can finally pull one out since the rebels will be taking on Oak Ridge the night before.

Edited by Rebsguy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB lost a lot of players from a team that was, at best, competitive last year. I won't say they are young, as much as it is inexperienced, but they are inexperienced in some key positions. Those kids will have to grow up in a hurry if WB is going to win very many. I see another 3-7 year, maybe 4-6 if those younger kids grow up quick.

WB has a coach that wants to win, but i am not sold on the fact that he knows how to win. What I do know is that he is teetering on making a decision that is going to cost him a lot of solid football players that are due to come to his program in the next 1-3 years. When you don't care if you are running off future players, when you don't have much to start with, kind of makes one wonder if he intended on being there very long in the first place.

Maybe one of the qualifications for the next coach they hire should be that his feet have to at least reach the floor when he sits on the toilet, cause I think there is some "short man syndrome" going on there.

GO REBELS

what decision is that? what's he doing to drive away players. all i know is some of the positions he put players at made no sense. Edited by Governors91

I have heard the same thing about that guy since the day he was hired and it seems like three straight 3 win seasons has confirmed it. I was especially surprised at how last year's team ended up, WB had a lot of talent last year and it showed against the Rebels. It seems like the kids play hard at both county schools I just wish they could build consistent coaching staffs like we have. Maybe the Mountaineers have finally figured that out. I think I will sneak over to Mike White field to see if Heritage can finally pull one out since the rebels will be taking on Oak Ridge the night before.

keep dreaming pal lol. true hammontree is a good coach, but a good coach only gets you so far, you have to have some good athletes as well. plus wb totally owns heritage, our jv could play their varsity and still beat them handily lol.

"GO REBELS " !!! Dang , things that bad ? Welcome aboard I guess , lol

Well, lets just say that for a coach who has won 6 football games in two years, I would think that he would have enough on his agenda

just trying to figure out a way to win football games, but evidently he has a lot of free time on his hands. Maybe he will come to his senses, but it looks like we will be watching a whole lot of Maryville and CAK football. Maybe I should have said, GO REBELS and GO WARRIORS.

I didn't say I wanted Heritage to win... So I am not sure what you think I am "dreaming" about. My point is that the WB program has gotten to the point that they can only pride themselves on "owning" Heritage. I was confirming that I too have heard the current coach does not play well with others and it has cost him some players. That is all.

oh i get what your saying. yea 2 years ago he started a qb who did not play well from game 1 , he wanted to run instead of pass and wasnt a great runner to begin with and he fumbled alot and when he did pass he threw interceptions, he cost us alot of close games. i remember the sevier county game clearly , we were down 42 -0 late in the 4th and the starting qb wasnt playing well at all and gregory finally pulled him and put in the backup and he sets up two scoring drives in the final minutes, now to me logical thinking would suggest hmm ... maybe this guy should be our starting qb instead, but no,gregory started the first guy instead and he continued to not play well. thats just my opinion. i had also heard peyton wall left for alcoa because of gregory. i question gregory as much as anyone else but i do hope he can get it together and get us back in the playoffs, GO GOVS!

oh i get what your saying. yea 2 years ago he started a qb who did not play well from game 1 , he wanted to run instead of pass and wasnt a great runner to begin with and he fumbled alot and when he did pass he threw interceptions, he cost us alot of close games. i remember the sevier county game clearly , we were down 42 -0 late in the 4th and the starting qb wasnt playing well at all and gregory finally pulled him and put in the backup and he sets up two scoring drives in the final minutes, now to me logical thinking would suggest hmm ... maybe this guy should be our starting qb instead, but no,gregory started the first guy instead and he continued to not play well. thats just my opinion. i had also heard peyton wall left for alcoa because of gregory. i question gregory as much as anyone else but i do hope he can get it together and get us back in the playoffs, GO GOVS!

Nothing wrong with hoping, just don't hold your breath waiting on it to happen.

C'mon over jake. The grass is greener on this side of town. Er...I mean the fake grass is greener. Plus, if you want to open up that wallet, you can get your name on one of the brick columns surrounding our field!

IMO - WB needs a coach to stay a while and generate some momentum. Almost always that is hard to do without the players. Murvil would be the exception because it is well known that their coaches can win with any players.icon_rolleyes.gif WB has to keep getting the players out. I understand there are some good ones in the pipeline. I hope they don't change coaches again before they get there.

I have also heard WB is having a hard time hiring assistant coaches. That's kinda funny after reading the article in the Daily Times about the strength and conditioning coach we hired last year. Evidently, we don't have that problem. The county system needs to get their priorities straight. Maybe they could shut down one of the elementary schools and generate some money. popcorneater.gif

Do you know how many football coaches WB has? Or even how many Murvil has? It looked like alcoa had alot last year. Are all of these guys paid these days?

C'mon over jake. The grass is greener on this side of town. Er...I mean the fake grass is greener. Plus, if you want to open up that wallet, you can get your name on one of the brick columns surrounding our field!

IMO - WB needs a coach to stay a while and generate some momentum. Almost always that is hard to do without the players. Murvil would be the exception because it is well known that their coaches can win with any players.icon_rolleyes.gif WB has to keep getting the players out. I understand there are some good ones in the pipeline. I hope they don't change coaches again before they get there.

I have also heard WB is having a hard time hiring assistant coaches. That's kinda funny after reading the article in the Daily Times about the strength and conditioning coach we hired last year. Evidently, we don't have that problem. The county system needs to get their priorities straight. Maybe they could shut down one of the elementary schools and generate some money. popcorneater.gif

Do you know how many football coaches WB has? Or even how many Murvil has? It looked like alcoa had alot last year. Are all of these guys paid these days?

Heh...good one.

I know of 6 coaches at WB, and there is a seventh that I am not sure if he is a coach or strength and conditioning, or both.

I know administration and central office have not been kind to the coach as far as letting him get coaches when teaching positions open up. I know he has to be frustrated, no competitor enjoys losing, but he needs to be careful not to take out some of his frustration on people that are actually trying to help him.

Why don't we just close them all and home school everyone, then we could use all that $$$$ to enclose the new field... what do ya think SXpopcorneater.gif