Region 6A/District 12A Pre-Season Poll

Region 6A  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll get the top spot this coming season?

By no means am i taking away from Loretto. They are athletes. But they were giving CA a run for there money in the first half. I believe it was 14 to 3. And after that they just got clobbered. If they play like they did the first half they def have a chance to beating alot of people.

Yea we threw a interception on the 15yd? line right before half that i think yall capitalized on it. But we had over 100 yards in penalties that game. Dumb penalities that they could not afford to do against a team like CA. I agree if Loretto plays anything like they did the second half they want win a game this year.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea we threw a interception on the 15yd? line right before half that i think yall capitalized on it. But we had over 100 yards in penalties that game. Dumb penalities that they could not afford to do against a team like CA. I agree if Loretto plays anything like they did the second half they want win a game this year.

Im sure with most of them coming back they will def not make dumb mostakes that just comes with XP besides CA im looking foward to see Loretto bring the heat on the other schools in our region

I really hate pointing out the obvious, but you say they look real good in practice. But most of the time when you put a 1st string offense vs a 2nd string defense and vicsa versa, those 1st string teams are going to look like World Beaters every time.

i agree but as off now i dont think they have anyone going both ways. I counted 42 kids on this years team.

What is it that is causing you to believe Richland will be good enough to win the region. Is this coach just that good or did he have some players move in? I heard some basketball players came out this year that hadnt been playing, but that just means they have a few more athletes in the skill positions. What about the offensive and defensive lines? How will they be in the trenches?

I know it sounds crazy. Its not just one coach. the new OC was there in 06 when they went to the 3rd round. He has a brother at Bob Jones whos the DC and a brother whos a head at Brewer, both in AL. Their dad is a AL hall of fame high school coach. Their new DC came from Giles CO. They have a coach who also played at Giles co and jus got done playing college ball. The guys in the trenches looked good to me. Size and speed with nobody going both ways. I think the Raiders are back or else i wouldnt be on here. Only time will tell! Im just excited about Richland football, finally i can say that again.

I wouldn't drop Collinwood down too far on that list. After what I saw last night, the Trojans are gonna be tough. Sounds like CA got blasted by Clarksville Acad, WC struggled with Hardin, PC mouths have gone all but silent, not sure how MP did in their game. The Trojans will be a tough out for anyone in this region.

Collinwood had a good scrimmage with a good Moore County team. Collinwood came out on top 42-36. Good match-up. MC jumped out to a 14-0 lead then CW came back. The Trojans started off slow but really came alive in the second quarter. MC qb is tough. Trojans showed some muscle in the second half. Started hitting hard and were very physical. Offense looked really good. Defense came alive in second half except for giving up two long pass plays. Shut down the run pretty well. Good luck to MC. Hard nosed gritty bunch. Great scrimmage.