Fairview 2012

Slim88

I think Fairview is returning 17 of 22 starters , and most of this group has be starting and or playing since the 2010 season. 2010 they out scored thier opp. (I think) 406 to 145 , and in 2011 is was 465 to 185. They are the defending District Champs and returning 17 starters , should be the favorites in the district IMO with a two year record of 21 and 4. Yet Giles has be picked to win 12AA with a two year record of 19 and 7. Now we hear Giles has made the Fairview game thier homecoming. This is like putting a stick in a yellow jacket nest. This may put a bigger chip on their shoulder. But Fairview still has some good teams ahead of them long before Giles , so they need to take it one fri. at a time. Fairview has already had two very good seasons. This year they should be shooting for a special year and a trip to cookville. They need this in order to gain some respect. Look forward to following the Jackets this year ,and yes week 0 Cubs vs Jackets will be a good match up.

Fairview football is at a level I've never seen in my lifetime. I think after reading several media publications, we are getting lots of respect here in western Williamson County. We're in the polls, we have kids on the all-state team, and colleges are showing up everyday watching kids practice. GC is picked for two reasons..1) They are a VERY solid 4A state contender picked by some to take the 4A gold ball. 2) Fairview hasn't beat them since they entered the district. The homecoming thing, hey big respect to GC for not putting a cupcake game in the slot. When you have your biggest crowd and a great atmosphere already, why not make the game mean something. I think it sets the tone for an awesome night. Both teams and theirs fans will be jacked for this one. Last years game was a nail biter, right down to a long final seconds FG try. This year should be another great game. I hope both teams are successful and injury free going into this one.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Fairview is returning 17 of 22 starters , and most of this group has be starting and or playing since the 2010 season. 2010 they out scored thier opp. (I think) 406 to 145 , and in 2011 is was 465 to 185. They are the defending District Champs and returning 17 starters , should be the favorites in the district IMO with a two year record of 21 and 4. Yet Giles has be picked to win 12AA with a two year record of 19 and 7. Now we hear Giles has made the Fairview game thier homecoming. This is like putting a stick in a yellow jacket nest. This may put a bigger chip on their shoulder. But Fairview still has some good teams ahead of them long before Giles , so they need to take it one fri. at a time. Fairview has already had two very good seasons. This year they should be shooting for a special year and a trip to cookville. They need this in order to gain some respect. Look forward to following the Jackets this year ,and yes week 0 Cubs vs Jackets will be a good match up.

With all those numbers you threw out there you forgot a couple huge ones .............fv lost to Giles County in 2010 ans fv lost to Giles County in 2011. You didn't win the district because of something you did but only because the wheels came off the wagon in the GC-LC game.

Wheels came off? The engine fell out. You had 3 loses in the reg. season. Yes you guys have a great team and look forward to great District 12AA season.

For you newbies you might recall we had 7 starters out with injuries for 2 of those games, the other was a 6a team. But we still managed to rip the stinger off the yellow jackets and yes most of those same starters were out when we played y'all.

You had one loss during the regular season and it was to...................wait ..........for..........it................................Giles County!

Interesting scrimmage Friday night for the 3A Jackets at 6A Independence. Of course the game means nothing, but it should be fun to watch Vic Wharton and Deondre Moore get after it! These two could very well be locked up 1 on 1 most of the night. Great football for the fans! What do you guys think?

Interesting scrimmage Friday night for the 3A Jackets at 6A Independence. Of course the game means nothing, but it should be fun to watch Vic Wharton and Deondre Moore get after it! These two could very well be locked up 1 on 1 most of the night. Great football for the fans! What do you guys think?

I heard Independence is supposed to be very good this year but i also heard that Fairview is too. I think it might be a good one to go watch. But if no one goes... Come to Lexington to watch LC scrimmage Dyersburg and Lexington. Should be fun too Edited by LCPanthers