Coffee County Red Raiders 2012

daniel102081

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think that will let coach davis stay for another year?

Talking to a friend of mine who used to write for the Manchester Times, he and I both agree that this will more than likely be Davis' last year. If not, then we need to get a new AD.

Redraidersfan, I'm in complete agreement with you. We need a coach who will not only get the athletes on the field, but will fire our boys up on every play, We need a staff who will teach our boys the fundamentals of the game and not only improve our players but also improve our stats etc.

you have to remember that coach davis only has 2 years as a head coach under his belt, he is in fact learning on the job, the key you want to see is if the players are getting better from the first year to the second, is everyone including the players, staff and head coach learning from their mistakes and not repeating them again and again...are expectations to high in the first place, one thing i do know for sure is that their should be some adjustments made to the non conference schedule and find some games that if the players play well their is a good chance to win....wins, against no matter who instill confidence in a program

Alright I'm tired of listen to you ppl

Talk your crap on here about me and my coaches this is Deangelo Rozier and you know what I think the coaches are the best we have had in awhile and as we are returning almost every starter next year on offense and defense I think that y'all should just shut your lil mouths on here cause I don't none of you who don't respect coffee county and if coach Davis is not at coffee county next year you will not have anybody on the field cause I know for a fact nobody will play for another coach who thinks he's the stuff it takes time to build a program and lee Davis is building this program and making us better so before you judge a coach and you don't know him and this is from

The running back Deangelo Rozier

With all due respect, I am sure that Mr. Rozier feels a sense of loyalty to his coach. Most players do unless the coach is a complete tool. Lee isn't a mean person. He is well intentioned. There is always attrition with a new coaching staff. Some players feel loyalty and may kick around the idea of quitting. Others who didn't play will come out for a new staff. But the bottom line is, if you don't want to play because your coach is gone, unless he was completely railroaded by a political situation or moral wrongdoing, then you aren't playing for the right reasons - which are your school and your teammates- and honestly, a little bit for yourself. If a player wants to quit, it's unfortunate, but you aren't showing anyone anything by not participating. It takes moral fiber to fight through any sort of adversity and a head coaching change including the guy you've played for qualifies as adversity. And to someone else's point, sure the players' opinions matter. And I'm not saying this towards any particular player but if you let the players (14-18 yr olds) run the coaching search the hire will be the most laid back, non working coach you've seen. Players, and people as a majority, by habit will take the path of least resistance. I do it sometimes. we all do at some point. The question is how does a player feel about his coach 5 - 10 years down the line when his maturity level allows him to reflect and see what exactly it was that coach did for him or her. Did he push me hard enough? Did he work as hard to make the team betters he could have? Did I enjoy my time? Do I wish he would have pushed me to work harder because I did slack and I could have been better?

Time will tell on the future. Until then I would suggest the players keep their minds on what they can control and that's the offseason workouts and the dedication to the program. Who coaches next year or the year after that is not controllable by me, them, or the coaches themselves at this point.

I had many a disagreements with Bill Price over the years. I often voiced them. We even had little arguments before the coaches show about stuff he did on Friday nights. But I never questioned a few things: his work ethic, the players' work ethic, his weight program, his team's physicality, or his agenda. I participated in his weight program through baseball - nothing compares. I watched through the years his team's practice and play and they were very no-nonsense, down to business, hit you right in the mouth type of team. Coffee county misses that identity. We won't out athlete anyone. We won't outsize many. So we need an identity, which I think we have struggled with lately. Are we a run first team? We should be with our personnel. Our we pass first? I don't know. Balanced? We aren't talented enough to be balanced. Most good high school football teams done thing really, really well and try to do the other thing decent enough to have somewhat of a threat. We pass it well now - still went 2-8. I heard for SO many years: "if we could pass at all we would win 8 games."

Good luck next year, Dee, and the rest of the football team.

Well I love football with all my heart and now I finally have a coach that know how to coach us and been pretty dang intense this year which I'm not gonna quit to give up but you know if they would stay with one coach and give him atleast another year with the team he has matured we will have a pretty good year as of right now we have nobody in this community who back the coffee county red raiders which I like because the more people hate the stronger we get and our offense is fine where a multi team we can run and pass we have the skills to do what we want and if we can get another year with our coach then you all will see what coffee county is about cause I will come back 100% next year meeker will come back better than he was this year are offensive line will be better and all you haters will see

Alright I'm tired of listen to you ppl

Talk your crap on here about me and my coaches this is Deangelo Rozier and you know what I think the coaches are the best we have had in awhile and as we are returning almost every starter next year on offense and defense I think that y'all should just shut your lil mouths on here cause I don't none of you who don't respect coffee county and if coach Davis is not at coffee county next year you will not have anybody on the field cause I know for a fact nobody will play for another coach who thinks he's the stuff it takes time to build a program and lee Davis is building this program and making us better so before you judge a coach and you don't know him and this is from

The running back Deangelo Rozier

lmao that is a great statement D especially when you tried your best to get moved to Tullahome to play there this year. Yes we know about that. If it is so great with, I have no clue how to be a head coach Davis, why did you try to leave? I know for fact there there are alot of the boys that will not be playing next year if Davis is still there with the assistant coaches he has, one in particular. Dont get on here and talk junk that is not true. How much did Davis pay you to say nice things about him on here when you trash him in public? Remember D people hear and see what you say and do in public.

Oh heck me trying to move to tullahoma that's a lie you Should go to heck for and coach Davis doesn't pay anybody to say nice things about him I say all this stuff from the bottom of my heart and whoever told you that I was going to tullahoma or trash talkin lee Davis tell them get there facts straight and go piss blood and as for you drink bleach and Idc if the the community hates me or here's about me saying this because I already have a family and thats my team so before you wanna down me how bout you go on some where and coach pee wee or something your useful for

Deangelo,

Your coaches do not need you to defend them. Coaches are judged on one thing, wins and losses. I would rather see you use your frustration on working out and staying in shape then verbalizing your frustrations on CoachT.

Next, It is extremely classless to accuse a 16 year old on the internet of disloyalty to the program. There are plenty of frustrations going around, especially with the losses to White and Warren and missing the playoffs, but criticize the coaches. Dont come after a player even if he is the one who starts it. He is the teenager, you be the adult. If Dee considered transferring, that is between him and his family. The point is he stayed and had a pretty good year. The criticism of the coaching staff is ok, because that is the nature of the business Dee.

2 years is not enough to build a program. Give Coach Davis another year. A lot of starters and coaches are returning and the schedule is getting easier. If you are still not proud of the direction of your program entering 2014, then go in a different direction. But these players need stability and confidence. This year there was a different feel. These seniors fought and worked hard. They practiced hard, and the defense that was put in bad situations game in and game out played every game hard to the final whistle. Meeker and the Passing game was better. Attitudes and work ethics are better. The Coaching Staff was upgraded. Strides were made. Now, year 3, the expectations should be higher. Lee Davis is not Bill Price and these players are not Price's players. Let year 3 prove what this coaching staff and these players are about.

Edited by Manchester-04