GOOD WEEK 0 GAMES

ArtVandalay

Week 0 started out as just a select few teams that got to play, now everybody and his brother are playing playing Week 0 to take advantage of an Open Date during the Season.

I am curious how many Week 0 Games are considered good games.

In 6A - Farragut travels to Kingsport to play Dobyns-Bennett. That should be a very good game....I think both teams return a lot form last years teams. The Indians return all skill position players, QB,TB and WR with several other offensive players returning.

Sound in with your good game for Week 0.

13 days to kick-off

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one will be at J Fred for Farragut at Dobyns-Bennett. Should be a very good test for both teams so early on in the season. I'm hoping the Tribe will grow together as a team and get better as the season goes on and peak at the right time. Here recently we've been peaking way to early. An early season loss for DB might not be a bad thing. Sometimes it makes a team more hungry to achieve there dreams. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubleheader at Alcoa: Maryville vs Cleveland followed by Alcoa vs Knox Webb.

Greeneville at Science Hill is the most interesting to me however. I think SH will turn the corner this year. I look forward to the game.

Not against Greenville. Greenville is too well coached and SH still has Stacey Carter. Devils win this one as long as the zebras don't get em'.

Doubleheader at Alcoa: Maryville vs Cleveland followed by Alcoa vs Knox Webb.

Greeneville at Science Hill is the most interesting to me however. I think SH will turn the corner this year. I look forward to the game.

Not sure what to make of the SH v. Greeneville game. Greeneville won 26-18 at Greeneville last year. I've heard GHS has lost some people, not sure how accurate that is. And I haven't heard anything about SH (downside of travelling all of the freaking time). In any case, this is year 3 under Carter for Science Hill. It will be interesting to see what improvements, if any, Science Hill has made.

william blount vs sevier county is the most interesting matchup for me. both teams return some very talented players but both teams have some questions, for wb its the lack of experience on defense, for sevier county its breaking in a new quarterback. i dont think there is a clear winner for this game even though sevier county will be favored.

An early season loss for DB might not be a bad thing. Sometimes it makes a team more hungry to achieve there dreams. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont see the Indians loosing against Farragut. DB has so many weapons back, they should start out in mid-season form. I will be at J. Fred myself '91....12 days to kick-off

Now that Greeneville vs Science Hill game has peaked my interest. It is a game that the Toppers (by size of student body) should win, but Greeneville has a great Coach in Ballard and has those guys winning big. Will Stacy Carter be on the HOT SEAT being this is his 3rd season? A loss out of the gates again may not be good for Carter and the Toppers.

I dont see the Indians loosing against Farragut. DB has so many weapons back, they should start out in mid-season form. I will be at J. Fred myself '91....12 days to kick-off

Now that Greeneville vs Science Hill game has peaked my interest. It is a game that the Toppers (by size of student body) should win, but Greeneville has a great Coach in Ballard and has those guys winning big. Will Stacy Carter be on the HOT SEAT being this is his 3rd season? A loss out of the gates again may not be good for Carter and the Toppers.

Your correct. If Stacy loses this game then the head hunters are going to start up the meetings again. And, WHEN they lose to DB again this year, it's going to get ugly. The only thing he has in his corner is that he's got his youth. After next year and a 0-4 record against DB, Carter will be looking at another head coaching job. Think about this for a minute. What about Carter going to Volunteer. Now this might be a step down for him, but is it a step up for the Falcons? Maybe so. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be at the Dobyns-Bennett vs Farragut game.It is a great game to start the season with for the Indians.Farragut has always got great athletes and a fine program.I know the players have worked hard for DB this year and I think they will be very strong out of the gate... The second game that has my interest is Science Hill vs Greeneville .From what I've been told,the Devils will have to work extra hard this year to continue the great run they have been on{either way,the Greene Devils have a silver and two golds in the trophy case}.Last years game was a great one that either team could have won and Science Hill will be a tough opener again.