Maryville vs. Cleveland (Red Rebels vs. Blue Raiders)

Red Rebels

Really stunned to see someone accusing the CHS kids of "dirty play". I was there and didn't see anything of the sort. In fact, much of the talk beyond the half was how poor the officiating was to miss late hits and holding calls against MHS. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. These kids are not taught to play dirty or to conduct themselves in any unsportsmanlike ways. This coaching staff has no tolerance for such nonsense. I guess you see what you want to see. Sounds like something personal to me...

Otherwise, MHS fans were mostly cordial and sportsmanlike during/after the game. (more than I can say for our experiences with their counterparts by the airport...)

Big picture: I thought both teams played well and both showed they have things to work on. CHS doesn't have the numbers MHS has, and showed fatigue and cramping late in the game which changed their tempo. Game could/should have been a little closer, but good things ahead for both programs.

As for the eating report, we ended up not dining there at all...except for at the game and hitting a drive-through on the way out.

Now bring on Catholic! icon_e_smile.gif

Guess score could of been worse also without the four turnovers. Especially the fumble into the endzone.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...that's what football is all about. Unfortunately you're left with the score on the board. We had plenty of missed opportunities too. Scoring that one we fell short on at the end of the half would have changed the momentum of the game. Couple more breaks and a few calls that were missed and the score would have been different in another way. We could play this game all night. We're accepting the loss and moving on. Would be nice if you could accept the victory and do the same. We both have big games ahead this weekend.

• Upvote 1

Then you must have been in a different stadium. Really, grabbing straps and jerk helmets , facemasks etc. I am not gonna debate it with you any longer. Have fun with your ghetto ball. I guess I was the only fan to see it , well at least say something about it anyway (figures).

Mr. Greyrider sir, can you please define "ghetto ball" for me? I was at the game as a guest of Webb family. I really did not see any of the stuff that you are crying about. In fact, if the refs had done their job, then the game would have been better. From what I can remember, everytime CHS got near the 10 yd line, there was a penalty called against them. Maybe a lack of discipline on their part or maybe a ref felt he had to do something to improve his status in the Rebel community. Oh yeah and if I forgot to ask, Can you please define "ghetto ball" for me?

Raider fans be done with this. This game is over. The score could have been worse, it could have been better, but it is what it is. We appreciate you guys having us for your 1st two Blount county bowls( I don't know what the official name is). Surprised we had the guts to accept starting our year against the states top programs back to back years. Thank you guys for having us.

End thread.

Raider fans be done with this. This game is over. The score could have been worse, it could have been better, but it is what it is. We appreciate you guys having us for your 1st two Blount county bowls( I don't know what the official name is). Surprised we had the guts to accept starting our year against the states top programs back to back years. Thank you guys for having us.

End thread.

Agree. Clevenland fought hard and left the fans thinking there are good things ahead. I enjoyed the contest and was impressed with several of the CHS players. Good luck the remainder of the season.

I saw 2 teams playing hard and both making a lot of first game mistakes . Cleveland has improved a bunch from last year . I'd like to thank Cleveland and Webb both for stepping forward and being a part of our Doubleheader opener the last 2 years , others had a chance , but quickly remembered they " had other plans " . Good luck to Cleveland and Webb both for the remainder of the year . Onto the Alcoa game now .... yee haw !