OCC @ UC

themachine

UC GRAD presents valid and reliable statements as he always does. The coach sold all out for last season like it or not. However, I dont feel like that is the reason everyone is bashing the coach. They are bashing the coach because he continued to build up the players he had coming back to be superstars in the community and in the newspapers. Last year all of UC skilled players were injured. There is a difference asking for attention the way the OC coaching staff has. Know this people, any attention OC coaches get negative or positive they love it because you are at least talking about them. If yall would have watched all the games closely last year, you would have noticed that OC never scored with the JV kids (The ones who are playing now) or dont even know if they played any games. Why brag about a defense that brings back a ton of starters who gave up 500 yards a game against average teams? OC is the worst team in the county now. 1. UC 2.South Fulton 3. Obion County

SF is good because your there coach!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF is good because your there coach!

UC GRAD presents valid and reliable statements as he always does. The coach sold all out for last season like it or not. However, I dont feel like that is the reason everyone is bashing the coach. They are bashing the coach because he continued to build up the players he had coming back to be superstars in the community and in the newspapers. Last year all of UC skilled players were injured. There is a difference asking for attention the way the OC coaching staff has. Know this people, any attention OC coaches get negative or positive they love it because you are at least talking about them. If yall would have watched all the games closely last year, you would have noticed that OC never scored with the JV kids (The ones who are playing now) or dont even know if they played any games. Why brag about a defense that brings back a ton of starters who gave up 500 yards a game against average teams? OC is the worst team in the county now. 1. UC 2.South Fulton 3. Obion County

You bring up the point I was looking for. Yes, building up the kids is the quote I am looking for. I'm not cuttung down any player or the team in what they have already worked very hard for. I just find it hard to believe what we all watched last year with high scoring games...playing your starters til almost the end, onside kicking against a team like Gibson County when you know your going to cream them ( 48 - 0 ) at the half if I recall correctly. The coach himself has put the team in the position their in himself, no one else. The scrimage games, who knows....Camden was prob. playing their second string most of the game from what I saw Friday night by both scores ( O C & Camden games ). Last year with the team jackson had, by the middle of the second quarter, many subs should have played, the start the first tema at the start of the second half and then let subs play 1/2 of third and all of 4th qurters, building for this year. The Rebels have a solid Q B in the works for sure in Berner, he will be tough come his Senior year. But the Warrior games, a joke ? That is something you might have in middle school, did it work? NO!! time wasted. Posting the video on the teams website and facebook showing the kids working and most then who knew football the Rebels were in for a long season. Instinct tells on a human and most knew this was going to be a rebuilding year and looks like next year will be also. There are bright spots at receiver and a back or two. But what happens between now and then? Who quits, who doesn't show back up? That is already affecting the team with one game, one loss, one quits. I'm just stating the facts. It happened to Union City last year, team should have been better but some quit and throw injuries in there and the season went south quick but knew they had what it took with healthy players to get back on track...and they did. 3rd round of playoffs and almost 4th round. It doesn;t matter, 1A, 2A , or 6A, all games are played, all have kids who play football and all have the same work days to schedule practice. JUst think Jackson has a system that doesn;t work with the head games. I will not post anymore on this post. I wish the Rebel team the best and hope they now go 9 & 1 but we all know that is not going to happen. The kids work hard win or loose, they have to practice each day in the heat, cold or whatever. If you know anything about football, you should understand that what you have seen out of your team since mid July is inconsistant in what and who shows up. There just simply is no highly skilled players on both sides of the ball and after a year like last year is like knocking you off your feet. Union City and many other teams have been there but know from year to year what is coiming and not beentaken down a road by a coach who tells most that his team will run the table again or compete with most district teams. Til we meet again, good luck to all.

All of Gibson Co lost respect for the OC coaching staff when they kicked 6 onside kicks in the first half and it was 48 0 at the half. That's not an exaggerated number either. OC coaching staff get what they deserve. What they did here last year was pointless and classless.

I remember that. It seems there were words exchanged at halftime between the two coaches too. Im with you on this GC Pioneer. Why would you embarass a team this way when you know whats going to happen. I think Jackson was saying he was sending a message to the remaining teams on the schedule to be ready for the onside. If you think about that....... its kinda stupid. You want to onside to catch a team off gaurd. I DARE HIM TO DO IT THIS YEAR AGAINST GC. LOL

I would say that GC will be looking to return the favor if they can at all. Good Luck.

http://www.ucmessenger.com/news.php?viewStory=74

Looks like people are opening their eyes to what is really going on at Obion. UC has a lot of class and are holding true to their morals and beliefs you have to respect them for a move like this. There are classy schools within Obion County so dont associate all schools with Central it is not that way with all of them.

And every time you Get on here you bring negative attention to yourself and SF!!!

(still not good enough to beat Covington)... OR Dyersburg

Isn't this game over so lets quit dwelling on it!! And this just sums up obion central and their fans yall live and die on this message board running your mouth about this and that. The coach this and the coach that, the bottom line is you had a great year last year (still not good enough to beat Covington) but a great year. Get a life and support your team and the program or pack up and go some where else. I mean every week yall are on here saying this bashing that, Really what the heck has Obion County Football ever won. GET A REALITY CHECK. Support or just Shut up

I read earlier on a post where somebody said Coach Jackson was telling everybody that we would run the table in the newspaper. Please find that article for me as I would love to see it. Coach Jackson has some peculiar ways I'll give you that. I think the biggest problem people have is that he is doing good things with the program at OC. People want them to win a couple of games of a year and not say anything so as not to upset the establishment. I've seen UC fans get on here and proclaim to really support the Rebels and hope they win all of there games except for one when the fact is your waiting to hear they lost so you can say "same old OC". Everybody that supports OC knew we would take our lumps this year. It was inevitable losing all the skill position players we lost. There are some good young kids in those positions but it's going to take time for them to develop. It could very well be a 3-7 or 4-6 season but that's just the way it is. I'll still be there supporting no matter what.

P.S. To Mandingo and lincoln- We were good enough to beat Covington we just didn't get it done. I believe the Trojans were 0-2 agaisnt the Chargers as well.

Edited by rebfan65