Maplewood Panthers 2012

boski

Also, a win by Maplewood over Stratford, guarantees them at least a 2nd place finish in 10-AA since they beat both Lipcomb and Pearl-Cohn. Also if CPA beats Lipscomb and Pearl-Cohn, then Maplewood again has at least a second place finish in 10-AA.

2nd place is good ...Playoffs are playoffs ...as long as you get in.. you dont have to win it all ..just get your feet wet ..taste it ..leaves you wanting more ..just go out do your best and leave it all on the field!! anything can happen!!

Well, even though I picked the Panthers win versus Stratford I'm not too surprised that they lost. With this loss Maplewood's chance for making the playoffs are not that good in my opinion. I don't see them beating Boyd-Buchanan. 5-5 may not be good enough to get a wild card. So I'm thinking their best hope is to somehow finish second in the district. Still, even if they do make the playoffs I can't see them winning more than one game, if that.

The passing game that look promising at the first half of the season hasn't improved. In fact it has seemed to have gotten worse. I think the Panther's best chances now lies in their running game. They don't have any speedy, break-away runners as they have had the past several years. But I think the backs can solidly grind out a game. Just my opinion.

We got a thread started on the A/AA boards for the game this week. Hopefully we can get some of the Maplewood faithful over there letting us know what to expect Friday night at The Swamp. popcorneater.gif

sorry i missed the game fest guys..i couldnt access the boards last week to even post ..my panthers got beat by stratford shocker ..a game i missed due to my birthday affair ..had a blast ..panther do pull off a victory over BB last night ..maybe there is still gas left in the tank ..good job panthers ...sorry i missed this one as well ...whats next?

Your Panthers will be in the playoffs, the big question is where and who they will play. From my projections your 1st round opponent will be Liberty Tech. Question is will it be at Maplewood or down I-40 in Jackson.

Maplewood will be routing for Lipscomb to beat Stratford Friday night. That should lock up 2nd place in District 10-AA for Maplewood and a home game in the playoffs.

A Lipscomb win may not lock up a home game for Maplewood. Currently in their Quad would be district winners Lexington and White House. Also there were be 3 district runner ups all at 6-4 (Page, Maplewood, and Liberty Tech) Page will have the 3 seed in the quad. But the 4 seed will come down to the 3rd tiebreaker which is total wins by opponents. So Maplewood could finish 2nd in 10aa and still be on the road.

A Lipscomb win may not lock up a home game for Maplewood. Currently in their Quad would be district winners Lexington and White House. Also there were be 3 district runner ups all at 6-4 (Page, Maplewood, and Liberty Tech) Page will have the 3 seed in the quad. But the 4 seed will come down to the 3rd tiebreaker which is total wins by opponents. So Maplewood could finish 2nd in 10aa and still be on the road.

Who am I to argue with the Master!!! How about a Lipscomb win helps Maplewood in the seeding?

Now that is true.icon_mrgreen.gif Sorry I enjoy this time of year and all the scenarios that could play out. Sorry I didn't mean to step on toes. Just don't want boski planning a big ole party and his hopes get dashed.

No sorry needed. I love this. Probably too much. My toes are in great condition!!! However, your concern for Boski is well placed!