Camion Patrick Update

osunut2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to his transcript from Lenoir City he was only 1 credit shy of being eligible to play for them . He made that credit up over the summer through Knox Countiy's credit recovery program, which is an online course software called E=Learning. And that program is used county wide for any student that needs to retake a course. The reason he is at West and not Lenoir City is because his guardianship changed from his uncle who was fired at Lenoir City, to his real dad who lives 2 blocks from West and where he has 2 brothers that have played for the last 2 years. He could play for Lenoir City if he wanted to pay tuition and drive to Lenoir City everyday. He never did live in their zone, he could play for them because his guardian at the time was employed there.

So, here is where it stands. Academically according to TSSAA guidelines he is going to be eligible. He did have a legal change of guardian to his real dad who does actually lives in the West zone. So, those things are working in his favor. There is one more hurdle to clear. Lenoir City has to write a letter stating that he did not transfer solely for athletics. Wether they are willing to do that remains to be seen. If they do then the decision on his eligiblity falls right in the lap of the TSSAA executive director, Bernard Childress. We shall see

Edited by ORidgeKat

According to his transcript from Lenoir City he was only 1 credit shy of being eligible to play for them . He made that credit up over the summer through Knox Countiy's credit recovery program, which is an online course software called E=Learning. And that program is used county wide for any student that needs to retake a course. The reason he is at West and not Lenoir City is because his guardianship changed from his uncle who was fired at Lenoir City, to his real dad who lives 2 blocks from West and where he has 2 brothers that have played for the last 2 years. He could play for Lenoir City if he wanted to pay tuition and drive to Lenoir City everyday. He never did live in their zone, he could play for them because his guardian at the time was employed there.

So, here is where it stands. Academically according to TSSAA guidelines he is going to be eligible. He did have a legal change of guardian to his real dad who does actually lives in the West zone. So, those things are working in his favor. There is one more hurdle to clear. Lenoir City has to write a letter stating that he did not transfer solely for athletics. Wether they are willing to do that remains to be seen. If they do then the decision on his eligiblity falls right in the lap of the TSSAA executive director, Bernard Childress. We shall see

Excellent info, ORKat. I guess we'll see how that pans out.

According to his transcript from Lenoir City he was only 1 credit shy of being eligible to play for them . He made that credit up over the summer through Knox Countiy's credit recovery program, which is an online course software called Odessy. And that program is used county wide for any student that needs to retake a course. The reason he is at West and not Lenoir City is because his guardianship changed from his uncle who was fired at Lenoir City, to his real dad who lives 2 blocks from West and where he has 2 brothers that have played for the last 2 years. He could play for Lenoir City if he wanted to pay tuition and drive to Lenoir City everyday. He never did live in their zone, he could play for them because his guardian at the time was employed there.

It obviously appears you know that of which you speak. This is an interesting dilemma: If Patrick was, indeed, a credit shy of eligibility to play football, he still could have remained at LC as a student. However, the change of guardianship should counsel in favor of a determination that the reason for the transfer was not due solely for athletics.

Edited by Moronicus

That is the way I see it too, but I doubt that Lenoir City sees it that way having just lost their best player, there could be some bitterness or hard feelings between the parties involved. So, they might not be willing to write the letter. The principal would have to write the letter, not the coach. They have a new principal at Lenoir City who might not be so involved with the whole situation. That could work in his favor. West will not send in the hardship appeal to TSSAA until the letter has been received, if and when it is received. Time will tell, it is an interesting situation because it involves such a big time player and recruit, but really this stuff happens all the time.

Edited by ORidgeKat

So why was he with a guardian in the first place. Rumor I heard he was in the pokey doing time and just recently got out and moved to West Zone. How much time do you have to put in for a credit recover class or whatever it is called. I would guess you would have to have the same hours as a semester would cover. Don't know if Im right but it would be half of spring semester @ 1 1/2 hours per day, so that would be 45 days at 1 1/2 hours, 67,5 hours. If you went 6 hours a day that would be 11 days. Dont think this right!

He is not practicing at West, but he is enrolled and attending.

Did you see the part that said he has 2 brothers that have played for West for the past two years. I don't want to air the Patrick family's laundry on a public site. But the Patrick family has lived in the West zone for quite some time. Let's just say the father recently returned to the family's home in the West zone after being away for a period of time.

I agree with you about the credit recovery policy. It is really easy to make up a missed credit and it doesn't take very long to do it. It is a self paced curriculuum. You have to complete correctly all of the lessons for the course and then pass the test at the end. It doesn't take as many hours as a full semester. But again, that credit recovery system is in place for every student in the county to take advantage of, not just Camion.

I think everyone thinks this sounds a little fishy. And from what i hear about the kids attitude it's not a good situation. I wish the best for him but i believe this chapter in his life will probably be repeated. I've seen his kind before in Kingsport with Lamon Williams who should be in the NFL right now instead of prison. They've got the world in there hands and not enough discipline to understand what there future could hold. Work hard and great things will come. Or try to be a gangster now and live with a chip on your shoulder and it will all come crashing down. I would say that UT is done with him but maybe someone else will give him a shot if he shows signs of change. Camion, grow up son! Get this thing straightened out and your life will turn out better than you can imagine. You have a lot of people pulling for you. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!