Macon Co at Trousdale Co

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah,the advice of such a winning tradition program.your last statement shows your ignorance.macon only plays one small school.the other small school is a state continder every year.the rest are equal in numbers.with the exception of a private school-whom which none of the publics should be playing to start with.

And I quote "Macon only plays one small school"..."The other small school is a state continder every year" I'm sorry but One Small School + One Small School = 2 Small Schools! Gotta love that Macon Co Education icon_e_wink.gif

Jo Byrns is a state contender as well since they've been in 2 state championships since 2008!

Of the 5 non district teams that Macon plays, they have a larger enrollment than 4 of them. With the numbers Macon has they should never lose to a team like Jo Byrns and beat teams like Trousdale Co and Smith Co more times than once in a blue moon.

Both high school football teams in Macon County have a problem! Macon County gets a pretty good number out to play football, but can't keep a coach. However, for RBS it is the opposite! RBS has only been through 5 coaches in some 20+ years, but never is able to get the athletes in the school to play. In a small school like RBS we are limited in athletes, and when they do not play you tend to go 0-60! The good news is that RBS is sort of fixing that and are beginning to compete better than in years past!

Edited by swanson71

I agree with this. In years past, we have had more than enough talent to win more games, but coaching and effort have been problems for a long time. Not to mention meddling boosters and parents.

It's just the RBS in me poking fun at Lafayette, it's more for fun than anything else!

I was real disappointed with Macon County the last couple of years! I thought they had a lot more talent than the 5-6 record they put up for the last 2 years!

It is not the MC players fault that the program can not keep a coach. Maybe we should look at the parents of some of those players. MC has several "high dollar" individuals that try to buy their way into anything and everything. The players have worked hard, maybe not as hard as other programs, but hard just the same. If MC could get a coach that would close the practice, keep parents away, and treat his players like players, then we could see some improvement in the next year or so.

This years Seniors are working with Coach #3. Can you imagine how confusing all those changes have had to be to those players????? But it is going to keep being this way until the School Board quits being bullied by the "BOOSTER CLUB" aka "QUARTERBACK CLUB". Maybe Mrs. Oldham should be the one in search of the head football coach, instead of the money men hiding in the Booster Club......

ok know it all's who did y'all blame it on in 2007 2008 2009 because they only won three games in three years. i can't wait to hear this one

very good point! and you want get a answer.there is an answer though.i would also like to hear the response? and i ant a booster.all i know is big-gums has a point.

And I quote "Macon only plays one small school"..."The other small school is a state continder every year" I'm sorry but One Small School + One Small School = 2 Small Schools! Gotta love that Macon Co Education icon_e_wink.gif

Jo Byrns is a state contender as well since they've been in 2 state championships since 2008!

Of the 5 non district teams that Macon plays, they have a larger enrollment than 4 of them. With the numbers Macon has they should never lose to a team like Jo Byrns and beat teams like Trousdale Co and Smith Co more times than once in a blue moon.

Both high school football teams in Macon County have a problem! Macon County gets a pretty good number out to play football, but can't keep a coach. However, for RBS it is the opposite! RBS has only been through 5 coaches in some 20+ years, but never is able to get the athletes in the school to play. In a small school like RBS we are limited in athletes, and when they do not play you tend to go 0-60! The good news is that RBS is sort of fixing that and are beginning to compete better than in years past!

you are bad wrong and not even close.im just going out on a limb here.your a wanta be coach or done been one that could do it.so now your trying to be a know it all on the t.first sentence wrong macon don't get half the players out to play that the program should or could.you have no clue.this has went on for years.there are many factors involved-but again you are not in the world at all close on any of statements.im not bashing rbs.just your wrong facts.