Science Hill vs Elizabethton

TopperFootball

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First half was a solid defensive game by both teams...as seen by 7-3 Halftime. Science hill hardly passed during the first half. Their score came when Ehs fumbled it in scoring range and it was via pass. Ehs was able to make a lot of big runs and passed maybe 2 times in the first half. Ehs defense was able to stop the science hill run game. 2nd half was more offensive. Science hill maybe passed 1 out of every 6 plays. All their scores came via the pass. Ehs started passing and got a td via pass and the final td came via run with no time left in game. Science hill stuffed the run all 2nd half until the end of 4th when Ehs broke for some.more big plays.

I was surprised that sh didn't pass more. They were like 75%-25% run-pass. And all their scores came.from passes. Sh o-line fell apart and Hayes ate a lot of dirt tonight. Hopefully sh does better against the division teams. It wasn't a pretty win but it was better than a pretty loss. Science Hill had a number of penalties, mostly holding. But Good game science hill!

Edited by EHSTrack06

First half was a solid defensive game by both teams...as seen by 7-3 Halftime. Science hill hardly passed during the first half. Their score came when Ehs fumbled it in scoring range and it was via pass. Ehs was able to make a lot of big runs and passed maybe 2 times in the first half. Ehs defense was able to stop the science hill run game. 2nd half was more offensive. Science hill maybe passed 1 out of every 6 plays. All their scores came via the pass. Ehs started passing and got a td via pass and the final td came via run with no time left in game. Science hill stuffed the run all 2nd half until the end of 4th when Ehs broke for some.more big plays.

I was surprised that sh didn't pass more. They were like 75%-25% run-pass. And all their scores came.from passes. Sh o-line fell apart and Hayes ate a lot of dirt tonight. Hopefully sh does better against the division teams. It wasn't a pretty win but it was better than a pretty loss. Science Hill had a number of penalties, mostly holding. But Good game science hill!

Wow what an ugly game. You hit on everything, nothing to add. Elizabethton kids played hard but were outnumbered that's all. SH fundamentally looked poor and honestly I left scratching my head, just a poor, poor effort on their part.

Funny things seem to happen to Science Hill at Brown-Childress. It also seems like science hill left their heads back in JC. Again, penalties. I read in the press that each team had 8 or 9. Considering my intimate knowledge of TSSAA officials, you can safely throw out several of those for both teams. Still need to improve on that. It also seems Science Hill got the extra point thing fixed.

Fortunately, they have a week to get things right against Central before Morristown West comes to town.

Well, I think EHSTrack06 hit the nail on the head on his assessment. Toppers are gonna have to get better.

Good game Betsy, good luck with the rest of your season.

Edited by The Hill