Has Smyrna ever gone winless?

nrgrizzlies

Is there an archive on that?

They have a tough schedule the rest of the way. It will be interesting to see how well attended the games are in a down year.

It appears that the Smyrna coaches think going winless could really happen. Today I was informed by a few players that smyrna

coaches are going to bench some seinor players in order to give under classmen more valuable playing time . Getting more playingtime for these guys will improve Smyrna's chances of bouncing back next however it doesnt show much loyalty to the players who have given their all for the previous three years....

Edited by AmericanBullDog

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the Smyrna coaches think going winless could really happen. Today I was informed by a few players that smyrna

coaches are going to bench some seinor players in order to give under classmen more valuable playing time . Getting more playingtime for these guys will improve Smyrna's chances of bouncing back next however it doesnt show much loyalty to the players who have given their all for the previous three years....

You have to realize how many soph and jrs there are on this team. And if the Sr players are not stepping up why would you not go with the younger players to get them ready for the future. If Coach Shad had stuck with Seniors in 2006 Bryson and Meadows would have been playing with the Freshman squad. And Bryson went on to be the Blue Cross Bowl Offensive MVP. I agree that its tough to see those kids not get to play but if your not getting the job done sometimes others will work harder to take your spot. I would rather see them building for the future than to play folks that may still lose and not have players ready for future years.

The Freshman looked good against OHS last night! Not sure how the JV finished up but I like the new format for playing freshman and JV on the same night.

At least we agree on one thing - I don't pull for the rotten orange either - even if 99% of the rest of your post is wrong and also makes me wonder if your (correctly used) school taught English. I was in h.s. long before LHS or the current SHS had been built. Also, I never hesitate to slam the rotten orange on sports forums. It's o.k. to do that. People do it all the time.

Since you request that I not attend the LHS/SHS game, I have circled it on the calendar and now will certainly go. Whether or not they want $7 is up to the people working that gate. If they don't want my money, I will be happy to attend for free. In the meanwhile, go Brentwood and go N.C. State!!

(What happened between you and the Vols anyway? Did one of them kick your fanny and steal your girlfriend on the Cumberland Ave. strip? j/k - just messing with you since you seem to be so thin skinned about sports)

And just for the record let me make sure I'm hearing your logic correctly.

A} It's good to pull against the cross-county middle school (no problem)

B} It's o.k. to pull against the college in the other end of the state. (do it myself, cool with me)

C} If you don't pull for the purple and yellow high school, don't show up - you're not welcome to attend (???)

Hint -

["C" would be a prime example of why people around the county love it when they lose]

Nice post. Point taken. Just do us a favor and try to keep the SHS bashing to a minimum and I'll agree to disagree.

You have to realize how many soph and jrs there are on this team. And if the Sr players are not stepping up why would you not go with the younger players to get them ready for the future. If Coach Shad had stuck with Seniors in 2006 Bryson and Meadows would have been playing with the Freshman squad. And Bryson went on to be the Blue Cross Bowl Offensive MVP. I agree that its tough to see those kids not get to play but if your not getting the job done sometimes others will work harder to take your spot. I would rather see them building for the future than to play folks that may still lose and not have players ready for future years.

The Freshman looked good against OHS last night! Not sure how the JV finished up but I like the new format for playing freshman and JV on the same night.

I agree that the best players should play. Regardless of what grade you are in. Just because you are a senior doesn't mean that the spot is automaticaly yours. You have to compete everyday. But if we are sitting our best to get playing time for the future then in my opinion that is wrong. You ask a player to put out and if they do it better than anyone then you have to reward them for it. Otherwise you have lied to them. The JV team was down 21-0 in the third when I left. The freshman team looked good. A bunch of talent and very deep. Congrats on the win. Oakland has an outstanding freshman quarterback. Young man is fast.

I agree that the best players should play. Regardless of what grade you are in. Just because you are a senior doesn't mean that the spot is automaticaly yours. You have to compete everyday. But if we are sitting our best to get playing time for the future then in my opinion that is wrong. You ask a player to put out and if they do it better than anyone then you have to reward them for it. Otherwise you have lied to them. The JV team was down 21-0 in the third when I left. The freshman team looked good. A bunch of talent and very deep. Congrats on the win. Oakland has an outstanding freshman quarterback. Young man is fast.

I think you just "nailed" it !