Brentwood @ Smyrna

milo118

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of seniors on this Bruin's team. Big seniors. Good running game with a real good quarterback to compliment the running attack. The Bulldog offense is going to have to step it up big time this game. Can't expect the defense to shut this team out for nearly three quarters like BGA. Unlike BGA, Brentwood is athletic in all aspects of the game.

Edited by milo118

Win Lose or Draw I am just excited to see the boys run onto the field at Robert L Raikes Stadium on Friday night. Hoping that there will be some pumped up boys of fall coming onto the field. For those of you who are new to SHS football don't be glass half empty kind of folks. There were some lean yrs prior to the Gold Ball yrs of 6 and 07. The Purple and Gold will rise again! This is only a bump in the road.

BPD81. Something I have noticed over the past few years. We have been very suspect when it comes to kickoff coverage and punt coverage. To the point that it seems we never have enough to cover the runback. I know that is not the case. We gave up one against BGA along with several big runbacks. Setting up realy good field position for BGA all night long. We must get better in this area in order to competitive. I am not just talking about last friday but for the last couple of years. You add that to our experience level and it makes real hard on the defense when thier back is against the wall like that.

A good practice yesterday. Still had our growing pains. But definetly one that was good to see in the development of such a young team. Coaches are not letting up on anyone. They are still holding them to the highest level. We looked totaly different from last week in terms of development. I am still highly impressed with the attiitudes and work ethic. It is almost as if the are determined not to let inexperience and the possibility of a long season bother them. They are really focused on getting better. Refreshing to see that type of determination. Good Luck Friday night Bulldogs.

This will be a closer game than some think, but I feel Brentwood will come out on top by two scores. Smyrna plays a high level of hard nosed football, no matter how down others think they are. This will be good for our boys.

Here's to an injury free game. Good luck to both teams.

BHS wins this one 27-17