Battle of the Bridge

jacketsfan66

Thursday night kicks off the season for Lenoir City and Loudon in the annual Battle of the Bridge Game. Who will win this rivalry?

GO PANTHERS

Also if you see kids asking for money or food for the annual food drive please donate. All proceeds go to the Good Samaritan Center to help people in need. Last year almost 100,000 lbs of food was collected.

Edited by jacketsfan66

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday night kicks off the season for Lenoir City and Loudon in the annual Battle of the Bridge Game. Who will win this rivalry?

GO PANTHERS

Also if you see kids asking for money or food for the annual food driver please donate. All proceeds go the the Good Samaritan Center to help people in need. Last year almost 100,000 lbs of food was collected.

LC should win this game. How in the heck did you guys even lose lat year? Loudon was mediocre @ best. No reason LC shouldn't win this game most years.

When these 2 teams get together you throw the records out the window. Both teams get up for this game regardless.

Still, if both teams come into the tilt fired up, then Loudon shouldn't win. LC usually has the better overall talent most years, and still manages to lose quiet a few to the 'Skins. I think it's more in LC's head than anything.

This is a pretty big rival game between LC and London!! I think London has beat LC for 6 or maybe 7 years straight now which is hard to believe!! Last year I would have said LC hammers London but it didn't turn out that way.... I'm going to say LC ends the losing streak this year and beats London in front of there home crowd!! Looking forward to watching this Thursday night!

I'm not an expert on Loudon/Lenoir City by any means, but the Loudon teams for the first several of those wins during that streak mentioned were very good teams. I'm not sure what the Redskins have this year, but, I was impressed with Lenoir City at the Jamboree @ Neyland Stadium. I thought they looked very sharp despite losing C.Patrick. I think the Panthers when this one and break the streak.

LC should win this game. How in the heck did you guys even lose lat year? Loudon was mediocre @ best. No reason LC shouldn't win this game most years.

To say Lenoir City should win this game most years shows you don't know much about this series.Loudon has won 7 in a row.Loudon is way ahead in the overall series.Loudon has had the better football program for years.If you check the history of both programs this is obvious. With that said LC has a very good team this year and it should be a battle but to say they should win most years simply isn't correct.

To say Lenoir City should win this game most years shows you don't know much about this series.Loudon has won 7 in a row.Loudon is way ahead in the overall series.Loudon has had the better football program for years.If you check the history of both programs this is obvious. With that said LC has a very good team this year and it should be a battle but to say they should win most years simply isn't correct.

Well, considering they are the bigger school is what i am going by, but i know we shouldn't always go by that. But, i have a really good friend from Loudon, so i am in the know about this series and even he tells me he doesn't see how Loudon keeps beating LC. So, that should tell you something lol

Well, considering they are the bigger school is what i am going by, but i know we shouldn't always go by that. But, i have a really good friend from Loudon, so i am in the know about this series and even he tells me he doesn't see how Loudon keeps beating LC. So, that should tell you something lol

The point is That Loudon does keep on winning.That should tell your friend something.LOL

I have been around football for sometime now, just now decdied to get on Coacht and use the forums. Being from Loudon and having a kid go to North Middle I stay updated with both programs. This is an intense rivalry, but although LC is a bigger school and had a more athletic team on paper (last year ) the Redskins were much better coached and came in wanting it more. That showed in the second half when their Defense shut down all the threats of LC. What is difference this year? Rumor has it Loudon is bigger and faster with a a fairly experienced line and a few more athletes than they had last year, plus a few more staff members which gives them another advantage over LC. For LC they lost a couple All stars and , the positive for them, although those kids were athletes, they brought negativity to the team (was told by players). With them gone I honestly believe that LC will play much better as a team, which will make this a better game. To top it off Loudon has a better coaching staff IMO, which goes a long way in game time decision making and having kids buy in to what the coaches are saying. For the Redskins to win, they must take advantage of turnovers and try to get ahead early because LC is not a second half team against Loudon. For LC to win, they must hope they are over looked by Loudon because of the 7 staight losses in this game, and minimize turnovers and get ahead early.

With Loudons staff additions and change in Off Cord, they come in much less predicatable, and get ahead by the half, leading to yet again another upset for Panthers, this will make it 8 straight for the Redskins as long as they play as the underdog.

Prediction: Loudon 34 LC 20