Top SS in Middle Tennessee

tennesseelofton

I would have to throw Bryce Baker from Harpeth in the mix here. Only knock is errors on the routine play can get him. Makes the highlight reel plays, bats left with good pop and good average.

Baker is pretty good shortstop but not even close to caliber of Sheffield or especially Dale Burdick. Burdick committed to Mississippi State but may well skip college and get drafted. By far the best shortstop in Middle TN if not the State. No knock on Baker, Burdick is just that good.

Edited by takeahack

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, Sheffield is a good player at 3rd, but my son's team see's him twice a year at least, and his big problem is his ego. He can throw hard, but he is very hitable is you are patient! I guess you didn't see see him get lit up like a christmas tree on ESPN this summer in baseball. That's the same talent he will see in college, he is not ready for minor league ball. Not even close!!!

Yea, Sheffield is a good player at 3rd, but my son's team see's him twice a year at least, and his big problem is his ego. He can throw hard, but he is very hitable is you are patient! I guess you didn't see see him get lit up like a christmas tree on ESPN this summer in baseball. That's the same talent he will see in college, he is not ready for minor league ball. Not even close!!!

Wrongway you are clueless. Very few high school kids are minor league ready. They draft these kids of their tools and upside. I would have to say Jordan Sheffield has some tools and a really high upside. So good luck to you guys this year when he is blowing 98mph bye you guys and then throwing a dirty slider as well. Good Luck