Top SS in Middle Tennessee

tennesseelofton

Well I hope they go to college. How many kids from around here get drafted, go off and get injuried or bust. Then they never go to college and end up with nothing. If they can make it work, I wish them luck and hope for the best. YOU CAN NEVER LOSE A GOOD EDUCATION!!

Most all MLB organizations will place it in the contract of a drafted player that the MLB team will pay for college when the player stops playing.

If they sign for over a certain amount there is no MLB scholarship on the back end.... if you sign in the later rounds and get the MLB scholarship offer to the back end , then there are stipulations to that.

For instance, as you mover up the ladder say from A to adv. A then to AA and so on the MLB scholarship deminishes. say you get to play 6 years in the minors , sigh a couple of free agent one year deals, then say oh wow I think I will finish college now.... nope not from what I have heard.

Edited by FightinIllini