Westmoreland at White House

Mr. Postman1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the panther freshmen won 8-0... did not say the Freshmen played. i said Jv kids or 2 nd string if you are offended by that. Portland did not play thier best linemen nor did they play thier best backs. that is not bullcrap... ask the west macon staff if i am wrong? Two starters were on the sideline with ankle injuries and one with a bum shoulder.

Big D is right, the Freshmen played the game before and won 8-0, how do I know? My son scored the only touchdown. In the second game the starters came out at about the 6min or so mark if I remember right and Coach Aric started working in the younger guys at different positions. The 2nd, 3rd and Freshmen then finished. Ask me how I know? My son is #27, played the entire freshmen game then some in the second game with the varsity, he was 3/4th string on the varsity at that time. In the Beech game he played the entire 4th quarter, had 2 tackles and a 18 yard loss on a missed snap when he was in as a rb. ( what a way to start your varsity career son) He is still a Freshmen but was out there with the 2's and 3'. Most of Beeches starters were out as well, by the 4th. The players D were referring to as being hurt were back again playing this Friday night against White House. What people don't understand we barely have 60 or so players on the entire football team. This includes Freshmen thru Seniors. We only have 12 seniors and 24 Freshmen, do the math, not many juniors or sophomores left is it. In fact in the White House game we had 4 sophomores starting. So its not real hard for us to get to the 2's and 3's. But you are correct they had our starters in against Beech and Jalen Hurd flat out ran all over us, just as he did against Henry County. We flat out got beat. Simple.We could not tackle Jalen. Haven t seen any post on this web site to the contrary. The question was not who did we have in the Beech game, I stated who played in the jamboree game against Westmoreland. Due to our depth issues, they have pretty much called off our JV season just to keep our sophomores healthy. We did play Gallatin this past Monday night in a JV game, and still used Freshmen in it, since we have so many Sophomores playing on Friday nights. I have not made one single excuse on behalf of my sons team. All I have ever said, we are outnumber, outsized, and have no depth, and where as on a lot of teams 2's and 3's may not play at all, well ours does, lol....except this past Friday night against White House, our 1's were in about 95% of the time, lol. Good luck to everyone this week, not looking forward to us playing Mt Juliet tomorrow night, but who knows, thats why we play, anything can happen.

Big D is right, the Freshmen played the game before and won 8-0, how do I know? My son scored the only touchdown. In the second game the starters came out at about the 6min or so mark if I remember right and Coach Aric started working in the younger guys at different positions. The 2nd, 3rd and Freshmen then finished. Ask me how I know? My son is #27, played the entire freshmen game then some in the second game with the varsity, he was 3/4th string on the varsity at that time. In the Beech game he played the entire 4th quarter, had 2 tackles and a 18 yard loss on a missed snap when he was in as a rb. ( what a way to start your varsity career son) He is still a Freshmen but was out there with the 2's and 3'. Most of Beeches starters were out as well, by the 4th. The players D were referring to as being hurt were back again playing this Friday night against White House. What people don't understand we barely have 60 or so players on the entire football team. This includes Freshmen thru Seniors. We only have 12 seniors and 24 Freshmen, do the math, not many juniors or sophomores left is it. In fact in the White House game we had 4 sophomores starting. So its not real hard for us to get to the 2's and 3's. But you are correct they had our starters in against Beech and Jalen Hurd flat out ran all over us, just as he did against Henry County. We flat out got beat. Simple.We could not tackle Jalen. Haven t seen any post on this web site to the contrary. The question was not who did we have in the Beech game, I stated who played in the jamboree game against Westmoreland. Due to our depth issues, they have pretty much called off our JV season just to keep our sophomores healthy. We did play Gallatin this past Monday night in a JV game, and still used Freshmen in it, since we have so many Sophomores playing on Friday nights. I have not made one single excuse on behalf of my sons team. All I have ever said, we are outnumber, outsized, and have no depth, and where as on a lot of teams 2's and 3's may not play at all, well ours does, lol....except this past Friday night against White House, our 1's were in about 95% of the time, lol. Good luck to everyone this week, not looking forward to us playing Mt Juliet tomorrow night, but who knows, thats why we play, anything can happen.

Forgive me for getting on you so hot about that statement. As far as young players go, Westmoreland is loaded with them. I think its a good thing myself because we are 2-0 with a sophmore QB, tightend, widereceiver, couple of sophmore defensive tackles. And to this point we still havnt played our best offense. Ontop of that we have a ton of juniors on this team as well. As far as the comment by the satan worshipper, we'll show up and see if we can stop the mighty satan worshippers of white house.

Forgive me for getting on you so hot about that statement. As far as young players go, Westmoreland is loaded with them. I think its a good thing myself because we are 2-0 with a sophmore QB, tightend, widereceiver, couple of sophmore defensive tackles. And to this point we still havnt played our best offense. Ontop of that we have a ton of juniors on this team as well. As far as the comment by the satan worshipper, we'll show up and see if we can stop the mighty satan worshippers of white house.

Lol no problem, I know half your coaching staff,(well 2 of them) and my son played baseball with Justus from about age 4 to 12, great kid, great family. We got friends on just about every team in Sumner County. Thats why i always post "Good luck to everyone" lol ....

Edited by SOUTHERNFRIED

I heard a lineman got hurt against Portland. Is this the 2-way starter your referring to?

wr/db. that's all I'll say. That would be inside info. that i am not privilaged to share with the opponets. Coach Porter will have me doing belly flops (no one wants to see that!).

Edited by pitchfork1

wr/db. that's all I'll say. That would be inside info. that i am not privilaged to share with the opponets. Coach Porter will have me doing belly flops (no one wants to see that!).

I know they carried one away by ambulance towards the end of the ball game against us. Dont know how that could be considered inside info. It was talked about on the radio on two different stations. Hate, absolutely hate seeing any young man carried off the field. I never ever pray for a win, I just pray that no one gets hurt on either team. These young men are too young to have lasting effects from injuries, but, I understand it can happen. All we can do is pray for their safety. Hope the young man has a full recovery.