Spring Hill Raiders

WildChild

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it the football team has the best uniforms and the coaches are always dressed well, yet they don't perform. Then the basketball team performs, but the JV has to play their games in practice gear?? This is something I have always wondered about. The baseball team and coaches are always dressed well. They look good and play well!

I don't even think the basketball team has warm ups for pregame?

Another question?? Why is it the HC for the football team does not ride the bus with his team? From what I understand, from the last game there were two buses. One was no talking after 5 min (from a player) along the way someone started talking and from what I understand coach D. on that bus would not allow him to dress for the game. The other bus was so crazy that the kids were throwing water bottles out the bus windows at cars.

From the Columbia Daily Herald:

Freshman Tylin Oden was called on to play quarterback in the second half and the Raiders gathered eight of their 13 first downs and 153 of their 208 yards from scrimmage.

“It was a good time to give Tylin a chance to gain some experience,†Scharsch said. “He’s a talented kid who can make things happen at quarterback. We’re really counting on him for next year.â€

Oden connected on 6 of 9 passes for 94 yards, including a 16-yard TD hook-up with Demario Booker. Oden also escaped for a 27-yard scoring run.

I don't care if he is a freshman, I'd start him. SH's qbs play has been horrible this year.

As many poster have pointed out, this football team (I would like to say program, but the word does not fit) is in complete disarray. It is an embarrassment to both the school and community. People are correct in their assessments of both the baseball and basketball programs. Both Coach Lamb and Coach Young are excellent coaches who demand the best from their players both on and off the field.

RaiderBall: The respective head coaches are responsible for the budgets and uniforms for their respective programs. Coach Young chooses to have JV wear their practice jerseys and traditionally has and they usually do have warm-up gear.

66in74: I must agree, why would you not play him now? What are you waiting for?

And yes the HC does NOT ride the bus. This gives you a little insight as to how things are "run". And I will not post the reasons why, but one is left only to guess the reasons why an adult would prefer to drive their own vehicle to and from games.