Central Chargers vs Polk Co. Wildcats - Thursday Game

5chargerfans

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk has dominated the district for a while now and for good reason. Well coached, play hard, and come for all 4 qtrs. BC93 I have a feeling even if MC could pull this off you would find a way to discount it. I am not saying the blue will win this one but unllike the past couple of years the potential is there. I still say it is to early to tell what anyone has, but if MC can pull this one off this team can go on to do great things. I will say this BC93 I do think you will see MC in the playoffs this year.

Polk has dominated the district for a while now and for good reason. Well coached, play hard, and come for all 4 qtrs. BC93 I have a feeling even if MC could pull this off you would find a way to discount it. I am not saying the blue will win this one but unllike the past couple of years the potential is there. I still say it is to early to tell what anyone has, but if MC can pull this one off this team can go on to do great things. I will say this BC93 I do think you will see MC in the playoffs this year.

The "past" accomplishments or failures in this series has nothing to do with this Thursday's game. If anything, it gives Central more of an incentive to win. But I'm sure Coach Davis will be preaching that fact to his troops all week in practice.

Polk was beaten by Bradley their first game, while Central lost to McMinn. I would rate McMinn as being better than Bradley right now, and since Central had the Cherokees on the ropes the first half, advantage goes to McMinn Central.

Polk squeaked out a win over their opponent Friday, while Central beat theirs handily. I would rate both of their opponents as being equal at this stage of the season so advantage goes to McMinn Central.

The game is played at McMinn Central, so theres another advantage.

I'm going with the Chargers on this one in a hard fought game!

So you just said that Chatt Central is equal to Notre Dame, hahahahahahahaha I can't even comment on this because that is like compairing Tennessee football to UTC football, neither is top of thier division but Come on Man. Chatt Central has athletes at least while Notre Dame has 0 athletes, but I glad Mcminn Central had gotten better but I'm not buying into them being a playoff team, nor am I buying that they will beat Polk by 14. It could be a close game but in order for this to happen Polk will have to turn the ball over 7 times in the first half, otherwise same story as usual. Polk by 21.

MC wins a game or two and people think they can beat anyone. They have played County strong a few times and still got hammered by Polk...

What? Nobody said anything about beating anyone. Fact is MC is a varsity squad this year, unlike previous years. They can compete. Polk is a quality opponent every time they step foot on the field, I just feel this year we will see a better ball game. I do think that Central can win this game, but Polk is the favorite going in.

Chatt. Central and Notre Dame being equal is laughable. I've saw them both, and it's not close.

Back to the game at hand. This will be the first time, in a 5-AA game, anyone outside the opponent's locker room has actually thought they had a shot at Polk since the 2009 Central game. We all remember how that one went. Of course, that 37 point spread was clearly all the refs' fault.

I expect this one to follow a similar script as that 2009 game. Close for a quarter or two, with Polk pulling away in the 2nd half.

Back to the game at hand. This will be the first time, in a 5-AA game, anyone outside the opponent's locker room has actually thought they had a shot at Polk since the 2009 Central game. We all remember how that one went. Of course, that 37 point spread was clearly all the refs' fault.

If you go to youtube and search Polk county Wildcats you will find an awesome montage from that game....Charlies favorite parts are #20 for Polk dragging the central kid 10 yards, the 210 lb Jared allen outrunning the entire central team, and last but not least,, THE "DUCK AND COVER"....

If you go to youtube and search Polk county Wildcats you will find an awesome montage from that game....Charlies favorite parts are #20 for Polk dragging the central kid 10 yards, the 210 lb Jared allen outrunning the entire central team, and last but not least,, THE "DUCK AND COVER"....

Videos can be edited. Does the video happen to highlight how biased the ref's were in that game? I was at that game and the refs were PITIFUL!

Does the video happen to highlight how biased the ref's were in that game? I was at that game and the refs were PITIFUL!

Were you at the game in Engle-wah the week before, when Central beat Cleveland, there were 30 penalties in that game, 16 for cleveland, 14 for Central...... I guess the refs followed you to Benton the next week....or maybe the lack of discipline followed you.

I agree with DrFlint... this will be another eye opener for the powder blue. Maybe not a mercy rule, but 20+ victory for the Cats.