Celina, Clarkrange, Pickett,......7A

Guest Tweeter

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hardnose,I think the cardinal coach did say he thalt that the buffalos would be the team to beat in the district,I have to say myself after they lost the 3 girls from last year I myself did'nt think they would be as good but who would have thalt so, sounds like the girls have really come together,just like I said 7A will be strong this year.

Ok so we are all real excited about this first week and the Hall of Fame games, etc, Clarkrange had a huge, yes huge win over Jackson County who realisticly is probably not as good as last year without Davidson, but they are still one of the best AA teams in the state and will be a contender this year. Maybe they had a bad night, they were ahead by 13 at one point, but Clarkrange battled back, all in all Clarkrange just outplayed them. So here is my question to the Pickett and Monterey fans.........do you guys still think you are as strong as contenders before Clarkrange PROVED they are one of the best teams around this year? I mean, you might get lucky and beat Celina or Clarkrange once, but you're not gonna win Tri-Lakes with three losses this season. What happened to the Monterey website with all their basketball stuff on it?

Congrats to Clarkrange girls on their victory over Jackson Co. I have to be honest - - that was a huge surprise... I didn't expect them to be as successful w/out Green and Ricketts.... I'm anxious for the season to get going... I think there will be a lot of surprises this yr.. - - I think Celina and C.range need to be a little more worried about Pickett this yr. I look for a very strong yr. from them.

• 4 weeks later...

Celina 9-0, 3-0

Clarkrange 10-1, 3-1

Monterey 6-3, 2-2

Pickett Co. 4-4, 1-2

Red Boiling Spgs. 3-6, 0-2

Hermitage Springs 4-3, 0-2

Once again, Celina and Clarkrange lead the way with Monterey close behind. Pickett Co. is struggling, which is unusual for them, and RBS & HSHS have had a though time throughout the first half of the season. This looks to be the way that the District will end up this season, but you can never tell. With a few more key defensive stops and not as many lapses, Monterey could upset one of the top 2. Remember, I said COULD, not will. Celina versus Clarkrange part 2 will be a good game. It could decide whether we have co-champions or just one champion. Good luck to all teams the rest of the season.

I'm not from Celina, but my brother in law informed me that Joe is always wanting to get his win total up. There will a lot of people throw shots at this, but ask the players. they want to play Upperman, Livingston, and Jackson Co. , but Mr Sims will not!! He even keeps up with the summer record. He will be going to Coalfield this Christmas. Livingston has a good tournament which is 30 minutes away.

Guest 7xstatechamp

Well i'm from clarkrange, and played there . I think this is the best team since 90, 91. If they don't go this year they will for the next 3 yrs.. They will do the work that needs to be done to get there. They are a very good young team, you all better watch out.