Clarkrange, Pickett Co. , RBS, .........7A

Guest Tweeter

Well it's a little less than a month before season starts and the trash talk on the basketball boards have begun. I love seeing it. I just wish that everyone showed as much emotion out on the hardwood as they do here. First of all, I don't know what the coaches were thinking picking Pickett 4th in the district. That just gives Brent Smith and the boys something to build upon and take them to the top, AGAIN. They do still have good talent, just don't count them out. Clarkrange has what it takes to be at the top in the district. Celina will cause upsets during the season but will fall under pressure. RBS is going to have a good year IF they don't let the #1 ranking go to their head. Hermitage Springs and Monterey just don't have a pot to pee in though. Other than those two just mentioned, the district will be wild and wacky this year. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about RBS boys' ball team. I heard they think they are unstoppable. I'll believe it when I see it. They better just take one game at a time or they will be embarassed quick in our district. I guess it is easy for them to get the big head seeing they haven't had even a good boys' team in a VERY long time.

Boy, if Hermitage Springs does not have a pot to pee in then how in the world is RBS supposed to be so wonderful. If memory serves correct RBS lost in HS by 12 and only won by six in RBS. HS also beat Celina. So HS may not be world beaters, but they sure did beat RBS and Celina. Pickett will be the team to beat until proven otherwise. So quit blowin smoke about RBS.

Guest Tweeter

I have yet to see RBS be a powerhouse at anything. If they have such great athletes down there this year, why don't some of tehm help the football team out. I have never see a RBS team dominant at anything. RBS fans- you are just getting your hopes up for nothing. I have seen them- they'll be lucky to finish third. Pickett County- of whom I have the upmost respect becuse just when you think they're gonna have a off year, they break out the new talent. Pickett and Clarkrange will fight for 1st place this year.

Keep dreamin RBS!!!!

Guest yournumber1fan

Byrdstown is working really hard right now. I hope it pays off when the time comes. How is Clarkrange looking Tweeter? Are they working hard? What about RBS? How are they looking?

Guest Tweeter

Football is a long time off in Clarkrange, if it happens, it will start with the new elementary school and then let those kids take it to the high school level- it is at least 2 or 3 years form starting. Clarkrange kids will not have to move to York to play Football anymore though.

Clarkrange boys are working hard I hear. they want to go to the state and have some clear cut goals, it seems. They have the talent to be a contender for state if Green and Thompson stay healthy.

Oneida will be down this year I expect.