Westview vs. Obion County Central

Rellim51

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents worth of nothing says this: I think OC should move away from the style of offense they play now and go with thier strengths. Like UCGRAD said run the ball more and throw less. Get that big ole line moving some people and throw outta that. Im talking some kind of I- formation set up with a big fullback leading the way for Warner and Hyde. Maybe some kind of wishbone. Let these guys get some footing. Right now OC dont have the horses to do what they are trying to do.

My two cents worth of nothing says this: I think OC should move away from the style of offense they play now and go with thier strengths. Like UCGRAD said run the ball more and throw less. Get that big ole line moving some people and throw outta that. Im talking some kind of I- formation set up with a big fullback leading the way for Warner and Hyde. Maybe some kind of wishbone. Let these guys get some footing. Right now OC dont have the horses to do what they are trying to do.

Defense struggled against Ripley not offense. My opinion is as a team We are closer in speed to westview than Ripley. Nonetheless we all have opinions and It Should be a good game to watch.

Defense struggled against Ripley not offense. My opinion is as a team We are closer in speed to westview than Ripley. Nonetheless we all have opinions and It Should be a good game to watch.

Yall had 6 turnovers. Thats struggleing my friend. Six turnovers is an offensive struggle. So go to an offense that is more suited to your talent level. Thats just my humble worthless opinoin

Yes 6 turnovers. You are correct. But there is another stat that says over 400yds offense. That's not having the talent to run our offense. QB was 18-24 at the half with over 200 passing. That's not lack of ability to run the offense. Lack of defense is more my concern. Either one of us can use stats to prove our argument. Nonetheless the rebels lost. Need a big win this week. Go REBELS!!!

Yes 6 turnovers. You are correct. But there is another stat that says over 400yds offense. That's not having the talent to run our offense. QB was 18-24 at the half with over 200 passing. That's not lack of ability to run the offense. Lack of defense is more my concern. Either one of us can use stats to prove our argument. Nonetheless the rebels lost. Need a big win this week. Go REBELS!!!

You make a good point. Good luck

Also, when you have 400 yards offense and you only score 21 points.....something doesn't mix very well. There are often times with many teams that they win on paper and not on the scoreboard, many. The Rebels do have to change. A team that passes more than they run will not advance far enough to make count. Running a football and clock management as well as a still defense will win you games almost every week. I like to reflect on the season last year. Fair was able to help keep folks off balanced but also the passing game was also good. If you have a Q B that can scamble and run along with those two and you have a total package. If you also look at the teams that advance very far into playoffs....they have two things...a very good defense and a very good, strong running game and limit their passing very muvh. Why pass when you can run. I agree, line those boys up, hand off the football and run like - - - - !! Good luck

When Westview comes knocking this week and they do just exactly what I described in my earlier post you will see what Im talking about. This offense,even last year, had huge problems when they drove inside the 10 or 15 yard line. Those guys were great at scoring from 40 yards out but struggled everytime they got close. Jackson needed to change it up back then. He needs to change it up now. If he knows how. Run the spread when it works and when it aint working so good , line those friggin meat grinders up and cram that football down thier throat. I know OC can do that and it will work. This is how the game is played. You see it at every level.

When Westview comes knocking this week and they do just exactly what I described in my earlier post you will see what Im talking about. This offense,even last year, had huge problems when they drove inside the 10 or 15 yard line. Those guys were great at scoring from 40 yards out but struggled everytime they got close. Jackson needed to change it up back then. He needs to change it up now. If he knows how. Run the spread when it works and when it aint working so good , line those friggin meat grinders up and cram that football down thier throat. I know OC can do that and it will work. This is how the game is played. You see it at every level.

OC did have packages like that last year and before. Even went under center last year on short yardage. Might not Have it installed yet with these young cats but they have it. If I'm not mistaken they even had There big linebacker as a fullback when needed lined up behind the two big boys on the line. Fair also had several goal line runs behind this as did Phipps. Youth And poor tackling is the problem this year. But I know everyone has the sky is falling attitude since There 0-2.