Stick'em up

commander

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a school has to sell 750 playoff programs just to break even? Man, I had no idea.

Posted by commander:

Only TSSAA programs are sold at the playoff games. They cost $3 with the seller keeping 50 cents and $2.50 goes back to TSSAA.

Posted by commander:

Anyone else feel held up the by $375 cost to place a team picture with your roster in the playoff program?

:)

Posted by orangenblack:

So, a school has to sell 750 playoff programs just to break even? Man, I had no idea.

Posted by commander:

Only TSSAA programs are sold at the playoff games. They cost $3 with the seller keeping 50 cents and $2.50 goes back to TSSAA.

My question is... does the home team recover the funding, or is that 50 cents shared with the visitors? If so, that brings the total to 1500 programs for both teams to break even, or conversely, the visiting team is just ____ out of luck. :confused:

Posted by commander:

So, the TSSAA makes 32(teams in the playoffs) times 5(Division I) times $375 = $60,000 plus advertising less the cost of printing the program. Then, they get somebody else to sell the programs and they take another $2.50 per program. Orangeback, I am buying your book!

Posted by Bighurt:
Posted by commander:

So, the TSSAA makes 32(teams in the playoffs) times 5(Division I) times $375 = $60,000 plus advertising less the cost of printing the program. Then, they get somebody else to sell the programs and they take another $2.50 per program. Orangeback, I am buying your book!

Hey don`t forget about Div.II as well Big Hurt. Plus I wonder how much the TSSAA makes off those programs at the state championship games since it is not played on anyones home field?

Posted by commander:

....and it's been my observation over the last few years...as a volunteer post season program seller at a "Popular/Unpopular Blount Co. Frequent Playoff Hosting Field" Parents and other family members are the only ones really buying them. We usually run out of them by the third game of the Playoffs anyway. I'd guess that's because most folks already know the players by number, (some by morphology) and are using their money for other stuff like parking, ticket and that slice of pizza...(that pizza seems to last longer than the program paper anyway).

:o