Question on rules/ethics

peanut931

I have a question for you guys, is it ethical or even legal for someone to be a school board member and president of the football booster club and a "volunteer non faculty coach for the football team? Was just wondering don't want any teams to get in trouble

Welcome to coachT. That's all I have to say because I am not qualified to speak to ethics.

I have a question for you guys, is it ethical or even legal for someone to be a school board member and president of the football booster club and a "volunteer non faculty coach for the football team? Was just wondering don't want any teams to get in trouble

Football is allowed THREE non-faculty assistant football coaches. As long as the A.D. lists ALL the assistant coaches on the sheet he submits to the TSSAA they should be ok to work with the team.

Thought about it! But with my ideas of making children behave and actually learn to read and write and do math would never go over with the new way of doing things.

It's tough,I'll agree!Feds pass down mandates to state,state to individual systems,then it's the Boards' job to apply enough common sense to the equation to meet the guidelines, yet still support the faculty. If you truly care,dive in...if not don't knock the guy for being involved in his community and school system,sounds like he's making the effort instead of sitting back and offering his critique' of others.