Dyersburg @ Chester County

slward

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing coaching staffs is hard for me to do , but the dyersburg staff is not a A+ staff. I believe we have not met goals of a typical dyersburg standard. Coach Counce's staffs brought out the best , coaches coached back then , they weren't cheerleaders on the sideline. Players respected their coaches. I hope our players will start respecting these coaches , until then we will be an average team.

coach counce is gone this staff works hard and gets alot out of these kids. i say if running the table is average then i am okay with average because the table will be ran until playoffs and the covington rematch so my advice is become a cheerleader.

i am not being negative toward our program. But if you watch our players , when we get behind they respond in a bad way , by throwing helmets , talking back to coaches , and sitting on their behinds.

That is a lack of respect toward the program , that the coaches need to get handled. Like i said , that respect was there , when James Counce and his staff was here. Hope Bart can get some control.

i am not being negative toward our program. But if you watch our players , when we get behind they respond in a bad way , by throwing helmets , talking back to coaches , and sitting on their behinds.

That is a lack of respect toward the program , that the coaches need to get handled. Like i said , that respect was there , when James Counce and his staff was here. Hope Bart can get some control.

they are 16 year old kids who have to learn through their mistakes and actions. i am sure you were not the best 16 year old to ever play the game. and as far as character and as far as the coaches teaching our kids not to get down last years playoff game they were down 14 to 0 and could have rolled over but i saw a team and staff take a punch and fight back there is a great life lesson for u.

i am just stating facts. Son of Mandingo you know the facts , the program was run with pride and hard work with coach counce. No one ever talked negative when he was around. You are right trojan faithful , it was different back then. Everyone was faithful with quality leadership. Coach Counce took all of the good coaches with him , or they went elsewhere. He leaves and wins with a new program.

i am just stating facts. Son of Mandingo you know the facts , the program was run with pride and hard work with coach counce. No one ever talked negative when he was around. You are right trojan faithful , it was different back then. Everyone was faithful with quality leadership. Coach Counce took all of the good coaches with him , or they went elsewhere. He leaves and wins with a new program.

This is going to sound sarcastic,but I honestly do not know so tell me what Counce accomplished that made him such an icon?You stated that"it was different back then",and I'll agree...Dyer Co. is now the 'mecca' when it comes to athletics in northwest Tn.,drawing kids that in Counces' tenure would've come to Dyersburg to play.Maybe the negative talk that the former staff didn't have to deal with is poisioning the players against the current coaches,maybe not...would it hurt to support the program a little bit and see what happens?If you Dyersburg "fans" dont appreciate Stowe for the man and coach that he is,shop him around,I'm sure Haywood Co. would make you a generous offer!

Comparing coaching staffs is hard for me to do , but the dyersburg staff is not a A+ staff. I believe we have not met goals of a typical dyersburg standard. Coach Counce's staffs brought out the best , coaches coached back then , they weren't cheerleaders on the sideline. Players respected their coaches. I hope our players will start respecting these coaches , until then we will be an average team.

Keep continuing to be a spectator who has all the answers. If you didn't realize that one of the players that threw his helmet down and talked back to the coach didn't play in the chester game bc of punishment. Another was sat down as well. Its easy to say what needs to be done when your not out there everyday with the kids. And the coaching staff is not cheerleaders and a very good staff. But once again you have a spectators view. Wow, the counces are great coaches and sorry not all coaches are the same but if you didn't notice there are not many coaches on staff at dburg. It might look like it but there is not. There are 5 on staff for varsity and 3 for freshman. Last year we were picked dead last in our region. Made it to the playoffs and if you talk to the covington coaches they said we were the best team they faced in the playoffs even tougher than maplewood who they lost too. They said we were the most physical team that they have played in the playoffs. Also, this year after losing 22 players from last year we are still in good position to do the same thing again if not go a little further than last year. We have some players that are inexperienced and just let their emotions get the best of them that game but it was a learning experience for them. Obviously your not an A+ in research.