Blackman @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like my Eagles have finally gotten some wind under their wings and have discovered that hitting somebody feels better than getting hit. We lost a lot of very good seniors last year and are very young, but we probably have more raw talent on the field than previous years. I thought the defense really stepped up last week, and we should be able to do better at slowing the Blaze's offense this year. Offensively, we don't have the firepower that we had last year; but again, the guys really stepped it up last week and showed glimpses of their potential.

Unfortunately, we will face off again after a tough Blaze loss to the sea gulls. Last year, I thought that Shad really had the guys fired up for Signal after a heartbreaker loss the previous week. Hopefully, the long drive, time change, and thin Mountain air will take it's toll on the Blaze.

No illusions on my part, but I always believe my Eagles can defeat each weeks opponents. This week is no different. Hopefully, the Blaze will feel the Eagles' talons this year. I look forward to hosting yall at the Eagles' Nest this year. Hope you like my grass and our new outhouse.

GO EAGLES !!!!!

516452tg92cksp5u.gif

Don't know how the blaze will react to getting whipped. Last year was a close loss to Siegel. This years team makes a lot of mistakes. I don't really know what to expect from the Blaze this Friday.

After the way yall played at Indy, I was a little suprised by the points given up to the sea gulls. I expect the guys will try to make a statement with another mercy ruling of Signal. We had our problems early in the season, and I expect our guys will also be trying to make a statement. Hoping for a hard fought 4 qtr game without any injuries.

Y'all come on up to the Mountain and enjoy the views bring your walkin shoes. Its quite a walk from the parking area to the field.(sorry our campus was cut out around a state wildlife area) If you have folks that are handicapped or just elderly and can't make the walk, they can be dropped up by the visiting side bleachers. Hope both teams have a great night and thank God the Mathers kid is gone! But he did have a brother correct? I think he played on our last game right? Well anyway, Mathers was a great back to watch. See y'all on the mountain next week! thumb[1].gif

Signal Mountain High School is kind of hard to find, and if you Google it, Google maps takes you to the location of the old middle school. The address is 2650 Sam Powell Dr., Signal Mountain, TN, 37377. However, some navigation devices can't find that address because the road was named when the school was built.

I've made you hosers a map to help you find your way. I added some restaurants, etc to the map. Here is the link,

http://maps.google.c...094324,1.755066

Be warned, there is only one road in, so traffic is a nightmare if you don't get there an hour before game time. Also, the Signal Mountain Police are dead serious about the 30mph speed limit on the mountain and have been known to set up radar on game night.

As has been mentioned, the school was built bordering Prentice Cooper WMA, so the terrain is very rugged, and parking is scattered, so bring your walking shoes. Old folks, etc can be dropped off at the visitors' gate.

You will love the scenery and venue, but it is a pain in the butt to get there.

Edited by MountainTroll