Blackman @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

Great win by the Blaze last night. It was a must win as far as I'm concerned for Blackman to have a chance to make the playoffs. I did not make the trip and from what I hear Blackman brought a pitiful crowd. I know its a long trip but I think this should also make everyone realize the importance of the Blackman band. They did not go last night and if they had, there would have been a bigger crowd due to parents, relatives, and friends of band members not to mention the 200 plus band members. Blackman normally follows very well. I hear theyre not going to Bradley Central in a couple of weeks also.

Good luck Signal Mountain the rest of the way. I hope you win all your remaining games.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band does not get any money from the gate or concessions and less than $300 per year from the county. Parents pay substantial fees to participate in addition to buying and maintaining instruments and working hard to raise funds all year long. Coach Price and the players understand the value of the band to the football team and those kids work hard to achieve excellence just like the team. We love being a part and don't think a little parking money is too much to ask. Without that money the band would not be able to travel to any away games to support the Eagles. I'm glad the Blackman folks appreciate their band and realize that ours was doing a good job.

The band does not get any money from the gate or concessions and less than $300 per year from the county. Parents pay substantial fees to participate in addition to buying and maintaining instruments and working hard to raise funds all year long. Coach Price and the players understand the value of the band to the football team and those kids work hard to achieve excellence just like the team. We love being a part and don't think a little parking money is too much to ask. Without that money the band would not be able to travel to any away games to support the Eagles. I'm glad the Blackman folks appreciate their band and realize that ours was doing a good job.

Mom, puleeze.

Smiley24.gif

I gave the band props. You probly know I sit right there by 'em.

$3/car is not chump change. Just sayin' wub.png

Let me know when yer next coke sale is, and I'll buy a few cases.

And Injun is right, it is a donation. Everbody knows that, but need some signs sayin' donation to band. When you go to Scrotchy County, it's usually the baseball team takin' donations, and I usually give 'em $5. If somebody wants to be a D and don't want to help out, let 'em be that way.

Now why don't you,

3062825_orig.jpg

Edited by MountainTroll

Great win by the Blaze last night. It was a must win as far as I'm concerned for Blackman to have a chance to make the playoffs. I did not make the trip and from what I hear Blackman brought a pitiful crowd. I know its a long trip but I think this should also make everyone realize the importance of the Blackman band. They did not go last night and if they had, there would have been a bigger crowd due to parents, relatives, and friends of band members not to mention the 200 plus band members. Blackman normally follows very well. I hear theyre not going to Bradley Central in a couple of weeks also.

Good luck Signal Mountain the rest of the way. I hope you win all your remaining games.

Well said. Our team, band (wub.png mom?), family, and fans travel well. Yall had a good gate last year against Signal. I know the trip sucks, but yall ought to bring yer band, anyway. Trip to Bradley is even worse ain't it?

Edited by MountainTroll

No offense to the Blaze, but I hope this contract doesn't get renewed. I suspect yall probably feel the same.

No doubt that playing Blackman last year and this year has strengthened my Eagles, but there is quality 5a and 6a talent in the Chattanooga area that we could play. Better rivalry potential and better gates. Red Bank, Bradley Central, Utawah, Baylor, McCallie? cool.png