Westview @ Camden

CamdenBottoms

Great win for Camden tonight!!! Great throws, great runs, great receiving. Camden seems to be getting better every week. But I do have to address the QB running one back for a TD. Let's look back on a few of Camdens past seasons. QB Horton injured playing in the secondary-season done. QB Berry injured playing in the secondary-season over. QB Gaskin injured-season over. Hmmmmm, can the coaching staff not learn from past mistakes? It is no doubt that Hudson is a very good QB and definitely has a future in football but why would you put your QB in on defense on a cleary lopsided victory and risk the TEAMS entire season???? Just because HE wants to show off a bit? Because HE wants to nominated for Mr. Football? Very self serving! He is allowing the coaching to risk his future in football. I see Camden repeating history if they continue to let him return the ball and play in the secondary. If he gets hurt showboating on defense the entire coaching staff should be re-evaluated for competency. Aside from this horrific coaching error, I was glad to see them mixing it up a bit and Webster keeping his hands on the ball!! Looking forward to next week. Go Big Black!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another easy win for the lions! Our offense had wv on their heals all night and our defense stifled the wv offense! I'll have to admit, the coaches have me confused. Why risk the season for the team by playing our QB/Punter/Kicker at safety and kick-off return? Surely we have other players who are capable of filling these roles.#35 has good speed, is very strong, but gets only a few touches a game and #3 is a good db, but is used sparingly - and I think both are seniors as well. #1 is for sure one of the best at his position in the state. If coach wants to let him throw 30 passes a game - good as long as the team wins. Rather than playing defense and special teams, coaches might consider working on PATs! With a very easy schedule, Camden will make the playoffs and extra points have won or lost many close games.

Another easy win for the lions! Our offense had wv on their heals all night and our defense stifled the wv offense! I'll have to admit, the coaches have me confused. Why risk the season for the team by playing our QB/Punter/Kicker at safety and kick-off return? Surely we have other players who are capable of filling these roles.#35 has good speed, is very strong, but gets only a few touches a game and #3 is a good db, but is used sparingly - and I think both are seniors as well. #1 is for sure one of the best at his position in the state. If coach wants to let him throw 30 passes a game - good as long as the team wins. Rather than playing defense and special teams, coaches might consider working on PATs! With a very easy schedule, Camden will make the playoffs and extra points have won or lost many close games.

I will agree with this also.They have Kentrell Hudson just itching for more playin time on kickoffs and has blistering speed.

Great win for Camden tonight!!! Great throws, great runs, great receiving. Camden seems to be getting better every week. But I do have to address the QB running one back for a TD. Let's look back on a few of Camdens past seasons. QB Horton injured playing in the secondary-season done. QB Berry injured playing in the secondary-season over. QB Gaskin injured-season over. Hmmmmm, can the coaching staff not learn from past mistakes? It is no doubt that Hudson is a very good QB and definitely has a future in football but why would you put your QB in on defense on a cleary lopsided victory and risk the TEAMS entire season???? Just because HE wants to show off a bit? Because HE wants to nominated for Mr. Football? Very self serving! He is allowing the coaching to risk his future in football. I see Camden repeating history if they continue to let him return the ball and play in the secondary. If he gets hurt showboating on defense the entire coaching staff should be re-evaluated for competency. Aside from this horrific coaching error, I was glad to see them mixing it up a bit and Webster keeping his hands on the ball!! Looking forward to next week. Go Big Black!!

I was thinking the same thing when he ran kickoff back ....Why ? He stays healthy Camden may play for State Championship .... I was way wrong saying Westview would be celebrating ...Ya'll have a TEAM good thing lightning came cause it would have been worse ....Good luck rest of season ... And hats off to student section best I've seen this year...

Don't second guess the coaches. Who they play and when is totally up to them. It's not a true fan who whines and complains about the personel. I can't believe anyone would complain about playing a good player too much. When are the fans and parents going to learn the coaches want to win more than anyone else? They invest a huge amount of time and energy into this and they are constantly figuring their odds of winning. Years ago when Camden had Rowsey, no one complained about his playing safety in addition to half back. He stopped many long Huntingdon, Lexington, and McKenzie runs as the last defense, after the ball carrier had gotten past the line (and linebackers). Something similar happened a few years ago in Bruceton with Willis. I saw him play sideline to sideline one night at Bruceton and completely shut down the Lion running game - personally. Rowsey played cornerback for UTK and everyone knows the rest of the story of Willis. When a player, any player, from one of our small regional schools has a chance to play, don't knock the coaches for playing them.

Go Lions, and congrats to Will B. and the Lion staff for yet another victory, hopefully in the long line of many.

Edited by @38320

I was thinking the same thing when he ran kickoff back ....Why ? He stays healthy Camden may play for State Championship .... I was way wrong saying Westview would be celebrating ...Ya'll have a TEAM good thing lightning came cause it would have been worse ....Good luck rest of season ... And hats off to student section best I've seen this year...

Thank you very much.

I know I was thinking why is Tanner out there on kick return but I was saying it as he was crossing the 50 because I wasn't paying attention. Anyway I am sure the coaches had to make a quick choice because #7 got injured.I never second guess coaches and wont here. I might ask why Cody doesn't get more carries though that kids fast and smart. :P

Don't second guess the coaches. Who they play and when is totally up to them. It's not a true fan who whines and complains about the personel. I can't believe anyone would complain about playing a good player too much. When are the fans and parents going to learn the coaches want to win more than anyone else? They invest a huge amount of time and energy into this and they are constantly figuring their odds of winning. Years ago when Camden had Rowsey, no one complained about his playing safety in addition to half back. He stopped many long Huntingdon, Lexington, and McKenzie runs as the last defense, after the ball carrier had gotten past the line (and linebackers). Something similar happened a few years ago in Bruceton with Willis. I saw him play sideline to sideline one night at Bruceton and completely shut down the Lion running game - personally. Rowsey played cornerback for UTK and everyone knows the rest of the story of Willis. When a player, any player, from one of our small regional schools has a chance to play, don't knock the coaches for playing them.

Go Lions, and congrats to Will B. and the Lion staff for yet another victory, hopefully in the long line of many.

So I guess in order to be a fan you have to agree with every decision? I have no doubt the coaches want to win, but in such a lopsided victory it is just plain silly to risk the teams season. Not to mention that #7 was out of the game due to an injury, who by the way is our back-up QB. So putting Hudson in was even more risky knowing they had no backup. I am not complaining about a certain player playing too much, that is a stupid statement. Hudson is extremely valuable to our team on offense and without him at QB our season would be very hard to salvage. Hudson no doubt has a future at the next level so why put that on the line? Tell me please how that makes any sense at all? Who cares if no one complained about what Rowsey did or did not do? The bottom line is you don't risk your only QB.

@38320 I feel dumber after reading your post!

So I guess in order to be a fan you have to agree with every decision? I have no doubt the coaches want to win, but in such a lopsided victory it is just plain silly to risk the teams season. Not to mention that #7 was out of the game due to an injury, who by the way is our back-up QB. So putting Hudson in was even more risky knowing they had no backup. I am not complaining about a certain player playing too much, that is a stupid statement. Hudson is extremely valuable to our team on offense and without him at QB our season would be very hard to salvage. Hudson no doubt has a future at the next level so why put that on the line? Tell me please how that makes any sense at all? Who cares if no one complained about what Rowsey did or did not do? The bottom line is you don't risk your only QB.

No, but we shouldn't sit here and armchair QB either. I think sometimes people forget that this is high school football. If the kid wants to play and can play, you let him play. A lot of people other than Tanner are invaluable pieces to this football team and they go both ways as well. Should all the offensive starters only play one way? Hmmm, I don't think so. I realize the value placed on quarterbacks, but he's not going to be near as good of a QB without backs, receivers, and most of all, a line to block for him.

You can second guess play calls, personnel, and clock management all you want. But you're making the calls with the benefit of hindsight, where the coaches on the field, who worked very hard to get there, are making them in real time. There's a difference.

As for "I feel dumber...." Hey, man, you go put your best game face on every day! I know it is very hard for people like you get out and watch a ballgame, much less complete activities of daily living. I'm so glad there are special programs that help you accomplish the little things! Don't ever let anyone talk down to you, little buddy! You're a person too!

Edited by rcombs