North Greene vs. South Greene

budkilmer

If NG doesn't beat them this year.....they may never beat them. NG will continue getting better, and apparently SG is going in the opposite direction and have been for a few years now.

You, sir, are a wise man. In my humble opinion, NG wins by a score of 20-14. SG is down, NG is slightly up (lets not give them any rings yet). Should be a good, close, game. It will be chippy. It always is. Good luck fellas.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent seen a game since since the first one, but I know we have the athletes to play with anybody, just got to put it all together.

excited about the future of this team. Rebels shock NG, 29-21.

Play with anybody? They were losing 53-6 at halftime to a mediocre CG team.

Shock NG? Think about that statement and the present condition of the SG football program.

What a way to lose! I will say this, NG needs to fix the undisciplined penalties. Illegal motions, 12-men on the field, illegal substitutions, etc. These penalties killed some of their drives. Also, play-calling seemed extremely questionable. The goal-line stand by SG shouldn't have happened...kick a FG to go up 2 possessions...you were closer than an extra point kick. In the first half, had 2nd and a HALF YARD...you line up in shotgun and run a WIDE sweep...lose 3 yards. Then get 5 yard penalty on illegal motion...becomes 3rd and 8...don't get 1st down...punt.

NG should have won this game, SG's offense only got past midfield once the entire game!

I went to this game and I will say NG outplayed the Rebels for almost the entire game. That is until about 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter where they just let history catch up to them again. I am not sure whether they got over confident and let it slip out of reach or if they were already thinking about the celebration after the game. Had they stayed focused and not had stupid penalties like everyone has mentioned they could have easily shut out the Rebs for the victory. I will say this game reminded me of a game about four years ago between SG and WG. It ended 3-0. SG hasn't beat them since so maybe we can see NG get some fire under them and try again next year. This loss will bother them everyday until next year's game.

I went to this game and I will say NG outplayed the Rebels for almost the entire game. That is until about 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter where they just let history catch up to them again. I am not sure whether they got over confident and let it slip out of reach or if they were already thinking about the celebration after the game. Had they stayed focused and not had stupid penalties like everyone has mentioned they could have easily shut out the Rebs for the victory. I will say this game reminded me of a game about four years ago between SG and WG. It ended 3-0. SG hasn't beat them since so maybe we can see NG get some fire under them and try again next year. This loss will bother them everyday until next year's game.

I was a Senior for WG the year that fateful 3-0 game occurred. I still have nightmares of falling short of first down by just a yard... Here's to 50 more years of sorrow haha.

Haha that truely was one of the most frustrating games on any level Ive witnessed. TN vs NC probably takes number one of course. At least you were part of the foundation that made WG become relevant. Wasnt that the same year we almost beat CG who had that beast QB? Pretty sure you guys lost by one point or two. Bull missed the go ahead field ago.

Haha that truely was one of the most frustrating games on any level Ive witnessed. TN vs NC probably takes number one of course. At least you were part of the foundation that made WG become relevant. Wasnt that the same year we almost beat CG who had that beast QB? Pretty sure you guys lost by one point or two. Bull missed the go ahead field ago.

Yeah, we lost 33-31. That was just a frustrating 2 weeks. We were 7 points away from being 7-3...

Shipley was the qb right ?