To the subject of Warren Co. FOOTBALL!

bulldog6565

I have worked in Warren Co for twenty years and one of the problems is they split their youth program into two leagues. They have a "travel" league and a city league, why so much division? The middle school program is usually pretty good though, I have heard they just stop playing in high school? Really sad a school this size can't field a better sports program.

I was told the middle school team had a ton of size on the line, for their age level. They played Sequatchie better than most of their opponents have this season but then again they're feeding into a Class AAA school so they should. Still sounds like something to build on.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told the middle school team had a ton of size on the line, for their age level. They played Sequatchie better than most of their opponents have this season but then again they're feeding into a Class AAA school so they should. Still sounds like something to build on.

That is some good news.

I have worked in Warren Co for twenty years and one of the problems is they split their youth program into two leagues. They have a "travel" league and a city league, why so much division? The middle school program is usually pretty good though, I have heard they just stop playing in high school? Really sad a school this size can't field a better sports program.

There is only one youth football team and yes they travel to Manchester, Sparta, and Cowan. And the boys love it it gives them the chance to play against kids they will play in middle school and high school. One thing I see that I don't like is the fact not one middle school or high school coach have yet to come out and see them play. Theses boys are the future of warren county.

coach johnson is a great guy, he is not in any trouble up there is he? It seems the kids play hard for him and his staff

If you know coach Johnson you how great he is to everyone. He is doing a great job with some new additions to his staff. The boys are playing hard for him and are doing a good job as well. Look for good things in the future.

Of all my years of covering pioneer sports as a teacher, this years parents (all sports) seem to be the worst at wearing the rose colored glasses when it comes to their kids. Parents today think they can evaluate their kids talent better than the coaches and everyone knows what offense and defense is best for their team. Parents today think their kid should be the star regardless of class or expierence and the team needs to revolve around their kid so when they tell their kid how great he or she is and what position they should be playing it only makes the kids question what the coach tells them. Nobody wants to be a team player anymore but they will complain if they don't get the ball thrown to them every play. i guess when you live in ME society it effects everything.

Edited by Pioneersports