HAMPTON V.S. CLOUDLAND REUNION GAME

BUCK60BUCK

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk but it was the hardest hitting football of my life. It was really fun to do. Especially since it had been 7 yrs since i put pads on. I was in on that hit the first play and i saw stars til the next possession lol.....PPL that arent familiar with our 2 schools tradition wouldnt understand the level of this game or the pride it took to play it. Many players out there on both sides are good friends and talk to each other quite a bit but when the pads went on.....it was all down the drain lol.....But back buddies today lol

If you get a video of some old timers breaking each other that'll get you some $$ on America's funniest videos!

I don't think you understand. Most of the players were under 28 years old. There were no insecure teenagers on the field. Nobody and I mean nobody took a back step. We're talking about men in their prime showing these younger entitled kids what the game is all about. Whooo!! icon_e_surprised.gif

Heck no! Im pretty sure Cloudland had a player break a arm and another one or two head out with game ending injuries.

One of our players (RB Adam Towensend) is on the Pro MMA scene now and took a dang beating last night...I feel he was lucky

to have walked away but sure glad he did!

I think we all thought Cloudland would come down for some good-ole-boy football....They did NOT and a game broke out icon_e_smile.gif

Adam Townsend was in much better shape than anyone out there. I doubt he was even sore the next day. MMA in alot of ways is more physical and more demanding cardiovascularly than football. Try fighting for 5 minutes non-stop cut open and bruised ribs. Big difference.

Adam Townsend was in much better shape than anyone out there. I doubt he was even sore the next day. MMA in alot of ways is more physical and more demanding cardiovascularly than football. Try fighting for 5 minutes non-stop cut open and bruised ribs. Big difference.

yeah bad thing was he was going nowhere near a 100% cause it was tryin to keep from gettin a major injury cause his fight is in 3 weeks. Every1 seemed to have fun and the crowd was into it.

It wasnt Butchie.....it was 4 ten minute quaters of some of the best football Ive seen in many a year...I was amazed that just about every play included some of the hardest hits I may have ever seen....We're talking probably 60 men, many over 6'3, many over 250 lb, a few quick 300 pounders that could move and crap load of SPEED! Not to mention QB's and Backs that made their names known state wide years ago.

AND I GOT TO SPEND TIME MESS'N WITH OLE KING!!!!!!

Cloudland brought the boys and came to play....But Hampton did too! I HAD A BLAST.....Thanks Men!

Oh yea, Hampton won 14-6

Sounds Like An Awesome Evening.. And Ya Raised Some Money As Well...Congrats