Loretto and Lawrenceburg

buford

If I am correct the last time Loretto has beaten Lawrence County was in 2002. Believe that was the year Loretto had: Bosheers, Kelly, Earnest, Lamm, Daughtery to name a few off the top of my head. I don't recall the score, but I do know that was the last time I remember Lawrence County truely taking a beating from Loretto. As far as I know the Van Johnson Cup started the next season and has never made it to Loretto. What are you predictions? Could this be the year the Mustangs bring it to Loretto? Predictions?

Buford,

You are correct. The score was 28-14, but Loretto was more dominant than the score indicated.

Our wing-back ran all over LCHS with the scissors trap play. LCHS lost there best defender in middle linebacker Chris Cull the week before and that played into Loretto's favor.

As far as tonight,I think Loretto can win a close one if they keep mistakes to a minimum. L'burg is a little larger along the lines so that is a concern.

Here's hoping we have a close, competitive game with no injuries.

Buford,

You are correct. The score was 28-14, but Loretto was more dominant than the score indicated.

Our wing-back ran all over LCHS with the scissors trap play. LCHS lost there best defender in middle linebacker Chris Cull the week before and that played into Loretto's favor.

As far as tonight,I think Loretto can win a close one if they keep mistakes to a minimum. L'burg is a little larger along the lines so that is a concern.

Here's hoping we have a close, competitive game with no injuries.

Loretto has some good size boys on the line. I would think that might be to our advantage, but I have not seen LCHS lines.

Got beat 27 to 14. Gave up 24 points in the first qtr. Lawrence County came out and gashed us for no telling how many yards. We had three turnovers in the game that hurt but Lawrence County really just ran it down our throat that first half. Second half we settled in a bit but it was too late. Passes were working just chose to run with not enough time to do so the second half. Changing the defense from what we had been running all year long along with personnel just got us out of our game and it cost us dearly. I guess we decided to take a shot with a new defense and players. Really dont understand, but I guess thats why I am in the stands and not making the calls.

Loretto played man coverage w/no free safety 1st half... LCHS broke big plays once they cracked the LOS... They played more zone the 2nd half,, hence the int. 1st play of 3rd Qtr. Completely changed momentum ...

If its not broke dont fix it. Our run defense has been the best thing we had going for us and we decided to change it up along with who we had playing on defense. Not the best of moves. Edited by RedTang