DeKalb County vs Smith County

EdwardDone

Glover: I hate that...that is sooooooooooo disrespectful. I have a sister with brain issues....I would like to see someone push her. They'd be calling men like you to come pick me up. Good luck finding them!

As for the game...I only caught a little of it. (Late 3rd, all 4th) I left the LA game and came down. I want to know something, simple as that. WHY on 4th and 9 with 9 and change to go, down two scores, DO YOU RUN THE WILDCAT?!?!?!?!?! Other than that, it is what it is. I see an interesting match-up in Week 10, but nothing I am too scared of. Congratulations to DeKalb.

Smith county fans, yes ^^^^

That's so pathetic! All trash talk and jokin aside. We are there for one reason and one reason only and that's for the kids. Withought them there would be no Friday night football games. Them young folk work hard to put on a show for us on fridays and I certainly hope all who were responsible get what's comin to them!

Ok folks, I have now seen everyone in district but Cannon. LA is the best with Hayes, McCion and Linder but only slightly above DC. SC is third with Manning but slightly above York with good transfer at RB. I call DC/LA game a tossup as with SC/York. Upperman is clearly 5th with two studs de Sauceman and qb York. Cannon, well there just Cannon.

Excellent assessment! And it makes me feel better about my own, as that is roughly the same conclusion I came to after running the numbers icon_e_smile.gif I am just hoping DC has a particularly good night when they meet up with LA. And Cannon... yeah, I just feel sorry for those kids. They need be scheduled with Warren County for starters.

Edited by DarthTiger

I enjoyed the game..dekalb looks good this year. Announcer is a pain in the tail tho..please fire him. And whats up with our qb? 2 picks per game aint good at all. and are u guys sayin our own fans ran our band off? What kind of crap is that?

How the heck did you enjoy that game? You can't be an SC fan. Worst play calling I have ever witnessed. We bounced in and out of that useless wildcat all night. Ran straight up the gut with the entire team in the box on D... We couldn't stop the outside pressure all night... Our first scoring play that worked so well, we only tried it one freaking time.... It was obvious from the stands that they did not intend to let us run up the middle and brought pressure all night. Why not when we mainly called plays that flew right into their game plan, just like a moth drawn to a flame. We held them on defense better than I expected and then we got stupid on offense. We love Jet Sweeps, usually, but no,, not when a team is stacked in the middle, and it might actually work...

dc will lite owls secondary up..no pass coverage at all..hate to say that being an owl fan..dc 40..sc 20

NO pass coverage..Got lit up like I thought.Oh well,on to next week.Was really impressed with DC defense.Great job and good luck the rest of the year.Owls got alot of work to do this week.Just a question.Has anybody on the Owls defense line made a tackle this year?

I don't usually post but I have had a chance to watch SC a couple of times this year and from what I saw, only 3 players touch the ball on offense. Now I don't know a whole lot about the X's and O's of football but I do know that you can't win games with only 3 players getting the ball. Too predictable IMO. Not sure if SC just doesn't have any other weapons or they just refuse to use them? Just an outsiders opinion. Take it or leave it.

How the heck did you enjoy that game? You can't be an SC fan. Worst play calling I have ever witnessed. We bounced in and out of that useless wildcat all night. Ran straight up the gut with the entire team in the box on D... We couldn't stop the outside pressure all night... Our first scoring play that worked so well, we only tried it one freaking time.... It was obvious from the stands that they did not intend to let us run up the middle and brought pressure all night. Why not when we mainly called plays that flew right into their game plan, just like a moth drawn to a flame. We held them on defense better than I expected and then we got stupid on offense. We love Jet Sweeps, usually, but no,, not when a team is stacked in the middle, and it might actually work...

I totally agree with you on this. Playcalling isn't working at all this year. We would get a good 5 or 6 yards on first down and then try the same thing and get stuffed in the backfield. They had no safeties over the top, we should have tried more passes.

I don't usually post but I have had a chance to watch SC a couple of times this year and from what I saw, only 3 players touch the ball on offense. Now I don't know a whole lot about the X's and O's of football but I do know that you can't win games with only 3 players getting the ball. Too predictable IMO. Not sure if SC just doesn't have any other weapons or they just refuse to use them? Just an outsiders opinion. Take it or leave it.

We usually spread it around the field but something about last night the offensive coordinator wanted to run the same play. Jet sweep has been our offense ever since #8 has been there. We didn't run it til the fourth and got maybe 5 yards each play.

hate to hear

That's so pathetic! All trash talk and jokin aside. We are there for one reason and one reason only and that's for the kids. Withought them there would be no Friday night football games. Them young folk work hard to put on a show for us on fridays and I certainly hope all who were responsible get what's comin to them!

Hate to hear what took place

I enjoyed the game..dekalb looks good this year. Announcer is a pain in the tail tho..please fire him. And whats up with our qb? 2 picks per game aint good at all. and are u guys sayin our own fans ran our band off? What kind of crap is that?

I thought the announcing was good he called it right and yes he showed a little more home-tism towards DeKalb then Smith but what announcer doesn't ive been to alot of games around here and he seems to be the better announcer out of the district and if he is doing it for free then hey man thats great and more power to him doing it for the kids. If your trying to blame Smith's lost on the DeKalb announcer then your wrong. DeKalb closed Smith down in the 2nd half and they played a good 2nd half. Good game DeKalb you deserved to win.

Yes your announcer did a good job last night tell him not to listen to the Smith County comments. Smith County needs to go back home and come Monday ask their parents and their fans why they made their band members leave last night the kids work hard to be in the band and they left before halftime and didnt even get to perform for their fans. And then they need to asked their selfs what went wrong cause it sure was'nt the announcer that made them loose the game.