Gallatin at SC

football2011

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traditionally Good?????? I guess having a decent record and losing in the early rounds of the Playoffs each year would be Tradition for Gallatin.Man, I would not want to miss that.

Wreagle, I agree with you. Making the play-offs for about 35 of the last 37 years, 3 state championships, 3 runner-ups and several trips to the second and third rounds. No one would miss that, right? You are correct. Programs like Gallatin are considered unsuccessful because they aren't winning a state championship or making the finals. Look at Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Dickson County, MBA, Brentwood Academy and others. They have been so successful at times that when they only make the play-offs or go a couple of rounds, it is considered to be somewhat unsuccessful. I guess not making the play-offs, despite the very good

talent level at Station Camp is success. As I posted before. The freshmen team hasn't lost a game in years. They have a top talent in the NATION in Malone. Is it coaching? Is it the kids? Are they waiting for the Chairman of the Board to get the rest of the county to pay for and build them a weight room (even though every other public school in Sumner Co. has to pay their own way)? They are not a small school. They are the second largest in the county, behind only Hendersonville, and may be bigger than them. This is the 4th year as a 5A school and they may be 6A next year. So, they are not a new school with growing pains. Station Camp may win this year. They should. Their talent level is much better than Gallatin's. So please enlighten everyone. What has been the reason that SC hasn't been better in football. Their only success came when they were playing 3A , with 4A and even 5a enrollment. They are playing 5A now with 6A enrollment. And their only win so far was against a 4A school. I think they are underachieving. What do you think?

I understand SC has underachieved in the past. Malone is no where near the top talent in the nation; he's not even the top talent in the county...! SC struggled on offense this year, everyone can see that. We don't have a community like a WH, Gallatin, Hville! I think last night was a step in the right direction for our team. The coaching staff is as close as ever on and off the field, which hasn't always been the case. This week's game is huge for both teams but more for the Bison! This is Station Camp's time to come out on top! SC has never gone 9-1 and lost in round 1 either. The Bison are about to prove their no longer the stepchild in Gallatin!

Wreagle, I agree with you. Making the play-offs for about 35 of the last 37 years, 3 state championships, 3 runner-ups and several trips to the second and third rounds. No one would miss that, right? You are correct. Programs like Gallatin are considered unsuccessful because they aren't winning a state championship or making the finals. Look at Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Dickson County, MBA, Brentwood Academy and others. They have been so successful at times that when they only make the play-offs or go a couple of rounds, it is considered to be somewhat unsuccessful. I guess not making the play-offs, despite the very good

talent level at Station Camp is success. As I posted before. The freshmen team hasn't lost a game in years. They have a top talent in the NATION in Malone. Is it coaching? Is it the kids? Are they waiting for the Chairman of the Board to get the rest of the county to pay for and build them a weight room (even though every other public school in Sumner Co. has to pay their own way)? They are not a small school. They are the second largest in the county, behind only Hendersonville, and may be bigger than them. This is the 4th year as a 5A school and they may be 6A next year. So, they are not a new school with growing pains. Station Camp may win this year. They should. Their talent level is much better than Gallatin's. So please enlighten everyone. What has been the reason that SC hasn't been better in football. Their only success came when they were playing 3A , with 4A and even 5a enrollment. They are playing 5A now with 6A enrollment. And their only win so far was against a 4A school. I think they are underachieving. What do you think?

The freshman did lose to MJ last year; but they did have a good team. I have heard they changed their offense from last year. It is tough to change an offense and have everything flow smoothly no matter what the talent level.Then when things don't start out the very best; the boys start questioning things.It takes time to build that continuity and for everyone to get comfortable.

I think you will see SC get better as the season goes on. Question is will it be soon enough to get into the playoffs. You will see a much better team next year.