what is wrong with the AC coaches

OveritACfan

why in the world would the coaches go for a touch down out of a field goal position when down by one point what where they thinking they are putting these kids play offs opertunities in the ground. and why keep giving the ball to that long boy 3 times in a row on the goal line they obviously saw that coming how about trying giving the ball to someone else for a change.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with AC coaches. They are preparing kids appropriately for situations they face on the field. Coaches can't go out and execute the plays for them. You get to the point as a fan where you have to face the fact that the team is less talented then you would expect. As of right now AC has a couple of big play guys on offense and defense, but people with football knowledge know that games are usually won by the unspoken heroes on the field. The kids that are willing to do the little things without notoriety might be what AC is missing.

One thing that I have noticed is the AC teams are steadily going down hill the past 3 years, and it might have something to do with the middle school teams splitting, or maybe it is getting several transfers from Clinton. My point is maybe something can be said for having kids play together in middle school and develop chemistry before they get to high school.

With ALL do respect:

You guys are lost as last years easter egg!!! I am just an overall fan of AC but when AC out gains Central 369 total yards to 87 yards, there are more factors than coaching.

Did you know....

AC had 5 turnovers. 2 HUGE fumbles and 2 interceptions, one ran back for a TD and the other close. Central's two INT return yards were more than there whole night of offense. 114 yds vs. 89 yds.

The FG unit was not even set up on the last play. As the ball was snapped, the kicker was putting the block down and starting to take his steps back. That's why there was no one in the route for Hodge to throw to. Everyone was blocking.

The chains were not even set. It was inside the 10 yard line, so all that had to be was the box, but he was not to the yard line (8) when the ball was put in play. Therefore the clock shouldn't have started as quick as it did.

Please get a clue about what REALLY happened before you embarrass yourself like you have done.

Yeah, that sounds more like what really happened. I knew it wasn't a fake field goal attempt, it was the fact that when the ball was spotted and the clock started, the center had to snap it when he did or the game was over. My only question is why did AC have to burn all three time outs and didn't save one for this type of situation, like setting up for last second field goal?

Edited by ORidgeKat

If anybody was at the Central game. Could someone tell me how in the world did AC get into a situation where they were trailing by one point and didn't have a timeout left to set up for a game winning field goal. In other words, why did they burn all three timeouts in the second half? Were they tired, late getting plays in, did they have the wrong personell? I'm just trying to figure that one out. Seems like all they had to do to win the game was call time out and kick what would have been the same as an extra point. That is a real head scratcher to me. Anybody?