Covington vs crocket

Oldtimer92

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you admit to talkin mess on here, but you trashed some Milan fans on another board for doing the same thing??? I have no problem with anyone talkin smack, I do my fair share of it. However, you won't see me tell other people that they shouldn't do that. Kind of a double standard isn't it????

Any adult talking about high school football on a MSG board is considered talking "mess" to me! Yea I said talking mess but I in no way meant it in a trash taking way! I'm probably one of the least cocky , crap starting posters on here because I personally don't like the taste of crow!

Well, CC came out throwing and moved the ball right away their first possession. After getting inside the 10, they were unable to run it in for the score, finally turning it over on downs. Covington began to score and score and CC did not go back to throwing the ball until it was 35-7 or more. I'll never understand why they kept trying to run the ball on us. It was not working and the pass was.

I was trying to keep track of Johnstone White's rushing yards, and I had him at about 340, just adding it up in my head, plus catching a 30-yard TD pass. That will move him up the rushing list in the state, too.

Easy son. Many of CC fans thought that being 4-0 meant being relevant and having a chance to beat a good team on the road. I didn't say that you said they were good, but I have heard many other people imply and state that CC was back and ready to take over Covington. Obviously they were wrong.

too bad Covington couldnt come play us in 09 ;)

We would have shown em a rushing game.

And its a dead fact that you root from where you are from. Crockett County was finding ways to win, covington beat them. yeah thats old news now. come on dude get a grip

The Commercial Appeal says:

Covington 49, Crockett County 20: Chargers running back Johnston White ran for 401 yards on 17 carries and four touchdowns to help Covington improve to 5-0 overall and 2-0 in District 13-AAA. Johnston scored on runs of 3, 79, 42 and 60 and added a 29-yard TD reception. Crockett County dropped to 4-1 overall and 2-1 in league play.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Well, CC came out throwing and moved the ball right away their first possession. After getting inside the 10, they were unable to run it in for the score, finally turning it over on downs. Covington began to score and score and CC did not go back to throwing the ball until it was 35-7 or more. I'll never understand why they kept trying to run the ball on us. It was not working and the pass was.

I was trying to keep track of Johnstone White's rushing yards, and I had him at about 340, just adding it up i

n my head, plus catching a 30-yard TD pass. That will move him up the rushing list in the state, too.

Man I will never understand it either! When we did pass it was working for us! But no lets keep trying yo run until the 4th when it's 35 to 7 then let's try to go back to the air. Made me really ill!

Man I will never understand it either! When we did pass it was working for us! But no lets keep trying yo run until the 4th when it's 35 to 7 then let's try to go back to the air. Made me really ill!

Y'alls coaching staff must have been seeing something that made them want to run it. However, Covington is much more suspect on our pass defense than our run defense. I think that it could be our weak link later on this year, like in the playoffs.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Article in the Jackson Sun. Evidently the writer did not know that Covington football games always start at 7:30 PM,either.

COVINGTON — The Covington Chargers defeated the Crockett County Cavaliers with a final score of 49-20. It was the homecoming game for the Chargers, and the players made sure the homecoming court didn’t dress up for no reason.

The game was delayed 30 minutes due to homecoming ceremonies, but once it got started, the sparks started to fly. The Cavaliers received the opening kickoff and moved the ball inside the Charger 10-yard line with two brilliant passes from quarterback Donovan Mayfield: one to Colin Avery and one to Josh Tatum that went for 51 yards.

The drive stalled there, however, with the Cavs going for it on fourth-and-goal from the two.

The Chargers received the ball at the one-yard line, but this didn’t affect them one bit. Quarterback T.A. Watson did what he would do a total of 17 times: turn and hand the ball to Johnston White. White bolted 87 yards, and 3 plays later finished the 99-yard drive with a two-yard rush.

Link to the entire article

http://www.jacksonsu...-long-runs-loss

Edited by CHARGERFAN