Rhea vs Soddy

RCFANN

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully rhea wins so their fans will comeback to coacht

I think you have missed me, CBRF! I was there tonight and it wasn't pretty. Moments of brilliance and moments of absolute devastation. I will say this - I think the teams were evenly matched. I think we were out-coached (and I will be more specific and say out HEAD coached). We have some talented players - 23, 22, 2, 53, 31, liked the way 50 was putting pressure on the quarterback tonight, and of course there are many more I'm leaving out but I've had a long day. In the end, a team is only as good as its head coach. JMHO

Hope your boys in blue are doing well this season.

I think you have missed me, CBRF! I was there tonight and it wasn't pretty. Moments of brilliance and moments of absolute devastation. I will say this - I think the teams were evenly matched. I think we were out-coached (and I will be more specific and say out HEAD coached). We have some talented players - 23, 22, 2, 53, 31, liked the way 50 was putting pressure on the quarterback tonight, and of course there are many more I'm leaving out but I've had a long day. In the end, a team is only as good as its head coach. JMHO

Soddy should have won this game by 2 scores or more. The penalties called in the first half were beyond ridiculous. Worst I have ever seen. Turned the first half in a way I have never seen officiating do. Also more than obvious the refs were not calling penalties in the second half for fear of WAY over doing it. Will look at the film for the official count of flags. Absolutely one-sided. I'll discuss this game more tomorrow.

Did not see much wrong with Rheas coaching. The biggest problem was you had more drops than catches. Game was not that close.

Soddy should have won this game by 2 scores or more. The penalties called in the first half were beyond ridiculous. Worst I have ever seen. Turned the first half in a way I have never seen officiating do. Also more than obvious the refs were not calling penalties in the second half for fear of WAY over doing it. Will look at the film for the official count of flags. Absolutely one-sided. I'll discuss this game more tomorrow.

Did not see much wrong with Rheas coaching. The biggest problem was you had more drops than catches. Game was not that close.

You think the penalties were one sided? You want to see a poorly and one sided officiated game, check out the tapes from last year's RC/SD game at Soddy Daisy. Hands down worst job of officiating I have ever witnessed.

there's my buddy!! Where you been hiding

You think the penalties were one sided? You want to see a poorly and one sided officiated game, check out the tapes from last year's RC/SD game at Soddy Daisy. Hands down worst job of officiating I have ever witnessed.

I am really trying to figure out how a 40-0 blowout last year was dictated by the refs.

Question, WHY DO SO MANY OF YOUR FANS SIT ON THE VISITOR SIDE WHEN YOUR SIDE IS NO WHERE NEAR FILLED?

But lets travel back 2 years ago on the swinging ladder play where your team wasn't even set when the ball was snapped or

4 years ago when Fugate blocked an extra point when he was in the backfield WHEN the ball was snapped. You don't beleive me ask him, he'll tell you he was. Just watched the tape there were 0 not 1,2,or 3 but 0 holding calls on Rhea. The only 2 penalties you had was a facemask and a false start. The fake field goal the reciever was OUT OF BOUNDS!!! He slid to make the catch and his entire lower half was out of bounds before he caught the ball. I just watched it, slowed it down, replayed it numerous times. I can pull a pic of it off the video when I get it uploaded.

I am telling you know had we thrown the ball DOWN the field more we would have scored 40. But not in the first half while the olympic yellow hanky competition was going on.

However, your field looks nicerolleyes.gif and I really like your PA guy, great voice and very professional. No sarcasm there.

Edited by foozballman

I was there Friday night. It was a horrific game. The yellow flag flew more than the pigskin. While I agree that Soddy took the brunt of the flags, Rhea deserved as many. Home cooking still didn't pay off for the Back Valley Boys. I wasn't very pleased with the coaching, but I won't say I'd do any better. To stand in the huddle on the field after the game (within arm's reach of players), and not be able to hear Coach Greene, that's sad. What little I did hear included "Boys, that one is supposed to hurt." Really? I believe they already knew that by the tears on their faces.

Two positive things: great job honoring one of their own stars (Calvin Hall) from the 90s! That definitely made me proud to be a former player. One another note, great job to Coach Fitz on his big comeback Friday night with Hixson!

Edited by UnsilentMajority

Not sure what area of coaching was in question, but 5 dropped passes (2 potential td's) didn't help. I'm not a coach, but I think we're very quick to blame them. My only criticism of coaches would have been when we were 3rd and goal on the 3 yard line and we didn't run two straight power running plays between the tackles, I think that cost us a TD.

Despite how things have turned out so far, this team is much improved over last year. They have worked very hard, they are faster, stronger and more prepared. They need as much positive support as possible at this point, let's not give up on them. Two years ago at this point, we were at the same record 1-4 and finished 5 and 5.

I agree that we're much improved over the past year or two. Our awesome freshman team from last year is paying dividends this year.

At times, I do believe we jump straight to the coaches. Everyone can see the same thing on a larger scale with Dooley and UT after last week's performance. However, I believe some of the critisism is justified. Plus, it's expected. This is high school football, where most parents/fans think they know more than their team's coaches. I'm sure even parents at Maryville don't always agree with GQ's coaching philosophy rolleyes.gif