DCA

WaReAgLe3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sackmaster50

Since BigENS, Bucksfan and Sackmaster50 think they know each, maybe they should sit down and talk like men and let this board get back to D-II Football.

Since this blog is about DCA, can they recover from the long trip and loss and get a W against Boyd Buchanan this week?

NO, see my post in Boyd-DCA thread... And since Bucksfan thought it was ok to drop random first names, I figured I could drop a random name to.

Guest Sackmaster50

It is kind of sad that there are two coaches/parents/supporters of DCA on here going after each other.

Your right CougarPride3. How is the AA meetings going over there in Madison?

Your right CougarPride3. How is the AA meetings going over there in Madison?

? This post is almost comical and sad at the same time. The new Headmaster over there has to be proud of such fine gentleman like yourself coaching his squad. I would think after the game you just had in Knoxville, you would be the one in need of a meeting.

Guest Sackmaster50

? This post is almost comical and sad at the same time. The new Headmaster over there has to be proud of such fine gentleman like yourself coaching his squad. I would think after the game you just had in Knoxville, you would be the one in need of a meeting.

I completely agree with your last sentence, minus it being in the "singular" sense. As for your second sentence, I do not coach, nor work for DCA, so the integrity of the Headmaster and his school do not rest on my laurels. Fortunately for DCA, they only have to win one district game (either the Zion or MJCA matchup) to make the playoffs. Does the odds lie that favorable for the Cougars this season?

Edited by Sackmaster50

I recall seeing DCA in the playoffs every year and winning several championships. I would think that the reason for any short term decline would be lack of talent, not so much coaching since they have had the same coach for several years if I am correct. I am not that close to the situation, have they had a reduction in student numbers or is it just bad luck with the current talent? It must not be too bad if they are going to make the playoffs.

I recall seeing DCA in the playoffs every year and winning several championships. I would think that the reason for any short term decline would be lack of talent, not so much coaching since they have had the same coach for several years if I am correct. I am not that close to the situation, have they had a reduction in student numbers or is it just bad luck with the current talent? It must not be too bad if they are going to make the playoffs.

DCA had a great year last year, They finished with a record of 8-3 and beat the eventual Division 1-AA state champs (Friendship Christian) during the season. One of the losses was to Knoxville-Webb, a school playing in the lower D2 division, but which has probably twice as many students. The other losses were to Boyd-Buchanon (a team that lost to Friendship by 1 point in the D1-AA quarterfinals) and to the eventual D2-A state champs (St. George) in the quarterfinals. Pretty good year as far as I am concerned. They look to be down a little this year, but nowhere near as bad as some on these boards are making them out to be.

Guest Sackmaster50

...I would think that the reason for any short term decline would be lack of talent, not so much coaching since they have had the same coach for several years if I am correct...

Yeah, I guess the accomplice for a 5 year hiatus from a playoff victory is the lack of talent and not the coaching so much...

i went to the BB Dca game, was looking for the big guy like yall talk about on here, but i did not see him. DCA did have #70 (good player), but he was more like 6 ft 260, not 6'7. was the big guy there? if he was,

I sure missed him.

I think #70 is D. Ewin who is a pretty good player. Supposedly the "Big Benchwarmer" has left the team. Not sure if this is true but that is one of a few rumors floating around about the DCA football players and coaches.