Giles Co. suspends football coach David O’Connor

TigersVoice

Wow! Never??? Wow! Do phone calls to parents of middle school players out of their zone count? Does sending assistant coaches to a Mosheim/Rogersville game count? Does talking to county school athletes about playing for greeneville ANYWHERE count?

I won't even mention the player from Florida about 6 years ago. Many violations in that case.

The best thing you can do is keep your mouth shut, because you just open it up for people to share past recruiting stories!

GC get real, if anybody had anything on Greeneville it would have been front page news. It's really easy to make accusations when you are on an anonymous message board. It's quite another thing to make a formal complaint to TSSAA. I'm sure none of the County coaches would ever look outside their geographic area for talent...given they are open enrollment, Its a small town/county. Everybody knows/is related to somebody who attends/plays for another school. Can't avoid making contact with boys that all play peewee football together Could it be that no one will make a formal complaint because they all live in glass houses?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Never??? Wow! Do phone calls to parents of middle school players out of their zone count? Does sending assistant coaches to a Mosheim/Rogersville game count? Does talking to county school athletes about playing for greeneville ANYWHERE count?

I won't even mention the player from FloriNda about 6 years ago. Many violations in that case.

The best thing you can do is keep your mouth shut, because you just open it up for people to share past recruiting stories!

wow you need to work for TSSAA because you know more then them and there is no truth to your lies because they have check numerous time and just as you go on about is lies lol just another sore county fan with nothing els to do then set at local co op and hate on everybody that has what they don't have ! Edited by GREENEDEVILARMY

I won't even mention the player from Florida about 6 years ago. Many violations in that case.

You from Marshall County too?????icon_e_surprised.gif

GC get real, if anybody had anything on Greeneville it would have been front page news. It's really easy to make accusations when you are on an anonymous message board. It's quite another thing to make a formal complaint to TSSAA. I'm sure none of the County coaches would ever look outside their geographic area for talent...given they are open enrollment, Its a small town/county. Everybody knows/is related to somebody who attends/plays for another school. Can't avoid making contact with boys that all play peewee football together Could it be that no one will make a formal complaint because they all live in glass houses?

BARB, read my post. PHONE CALLS TO HOUSES OF PLAYERS OUT OF YOUR DISTRICT IS RECRUITING! SENDING COACHES TO WATCH AND THEN TALK TO PARENTS AT A MOSHEIM/ROGERSVILLE GAME IS RECRUITING! Answer this question barbie, is Mosheim or Rogersville zoned for Greeneville?

If not, why were Greeneville coaches there talking to players and coaches?

wow you need to work for TSSAA because you know more then them and there is no truth to your lies because they have check numerous time and just as you go on about is lies lol just another sore county fan with nothing els to do then set at local co op and hate on everybody that has what they don't have !

I did not post one lie! I was at the game and saw 2 assistant coaches talking to 3 different parents after the game. I have no idea what was said, but they talked to the parents, then patted the boys on the shoulder and left. DON'T CALL ME A LIAR! I PROMISE I KNOW MORE THAN YOU!

BARB, read my post. PHONE CALLS TO HOUSES OF PLAYERS OUT OF YOUR DISTRICT IS RECRUITING! SENDING COACHES TO WATCH AND THEN TALK TO PARENTS AT A MOSHEIM/ROGERSVILLE GAME IS RECRUITING! Answer this question barbie, is Mosheim or Rogersville zoned for Greeneville?

HEY!!! This thread is to bash OC!!!!roflolk.gif

Call brokeback. He'll have all the facts and can show ya if you want!!!icon_e_biggrin.gif

wow you need to work for TSSAA because you know more then them and there is no truth to your lies because they have check numerous time and just as you go on about is lies lol just another sore county fan with nothing els to do then set at local co op and hate on everybody that has what they don't have !

with all the complaining that goes on anymore we have totally forgotten about the lives that these comments affect - while all the old giles fans and cowboy whatever and the half brained waterboy your comments are just plain stupid - DO YOURSELFS A FAVOR IF YOU ARE REAL MEN GO TO YOUTUBE LOOK UP THIS YOUNG MAN NAMED MATT WOODRUM - AN INSPIRATIONAL KID WATCH THE VIDEO then come back and complain that your team or there team done this or that as a parent that has a child with this problem you think we would focus on the kids and the game not name calling and other crap , the things that brave matt has to overcome is unreal - so for all the winers about we dont get a fair shake you all can kiss my #### , go ahead and report me but please 1st watch the video MATT WOODRUM DESERVES IT he has more class than all of us .

god bless you matt you make see things in a totally different light .

Proof? if you have so much, why don't you pick up the phone and call TSSAA. Otherwise it's just board gossip. As much animosity as there is between city and county schools it's hard to believe there is so much illegal recruiting by those crooked city coaches that has gone unreported and uninvestigated. I'd say there's just as much of that good 'ol boy recruiting taking place at the county schools as at Greeneville..and it's easier with no tuition. Of course it would be easier if they could put together a deeper run in the play-offs.

Proof? if you have so much, why don't you pick up the phone and call TSSAA. Otherwise it's just board gossip. As much animosity as there is between city and county schools it's hard to believe there is so much illegal recruiting by those crooked city coaches that has gone unreported and uninvestigated. I'd say there's just as much of that good 'ol boy recruiting taking place at the county schools as at Greeneville..and it's easier with no tuition. Of course it would be easier if they could put together a deeper run in the play-offs.

It was reported and "investigated". Hard to pick up the phone now...those boys graduated last year, so it was 5 years ago.