Baylor

NardDog

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are so concerned about Baylor's faults (most of which exist only in your mind), then send your kids to Blair, Wyoming Seminary, McDonough, etc. No one ever forced the Tennessee publics to wrestle against Baylor, and some of them won't. I don't hear any serious complaints from Baylor about that. I also don't hear much whining from the Tennessee D2 schools that must wrestle against Baylor. As mtnrasslin said, if Baylor chose to compete against the "national programs" as you suggest, they would either have only a few meets each year or their travel costs (not to mention time out of the classroom which I suspect would be just as important to most Baylor parents) would soon exceed the cost of tuition. Your suggestions are totally unrealistic. If you are from a D2 program, I suggest you suck it up and work hard to make your program equal to or better than Baylor's. If you are from a D1 program, either suck it up or choose not to wrestle them. Improvement comes from focusing on one's own program, rather than from criticizing a rival program.

I have no dog in this hunt but I think your post is spot on. This guy obviously has an axe to grind for some reason. Thats usually from jealousy or from low self asteem about oneself or his program.

I have no dog in this hunt but I think your post is spot on. This guy obviously has an axe to grind for some reason. Thats usually from jealousy or from low self asteem about oneself or his program.

Funny thing is - I have no love whatsoever for Baylor - but I do have a lot of respect for their wrestling program. My son wrestled for another D2 program - one that could never hope to compete with Baylor in a dual meet, but he, his friends and his coaches all loved to wrestle against Baylor because they knew they would be facing top-flight talent expertly coached. They embraced the challenge and were always better for the experience. Good thing they were able to hand Baylor their hats in other sports!! rolleyes.gif

Come on...just trying to make things better. I want 8th graders to have an option to attend a TN school that can compete at national tournaments like the Walsh Ironman, the Beast of the East, Powerade, Reno, Cheesehead, 5 Counties, Midwest Classic, and Dvorak. That's all positive stuff! If someone would take the leap, the State playing field would become more level and our boarding schools might deliver results like a Brandon, Collins Hill, Christiansburg, St. Paris Graham, St. Eds, Montini Catholic or one of those. Currently other than academics and facilities there isn't much to be jealous of...

Come on...just trying to make things better. I want 8th graders to have an option to attend a TN school that can compete at national tournaments like the Walsh Ironman, the Beast of the East, Powerade, Reno, Cheesehead, 5 Counties, Midwest Classic, and Dvorak. That's all positive stuff! If someone would take the leap, the State playing field would become more level and our boarding schools might deliver results like a Brandon, Collins Hill, Christiansburg, St. Paris Graham, St. Eds, Montini Catholic or one of those. Currently other than academics and facilities there isn't much to be jealous of...

That would indeed be cool. Since we are reforming other people's schools, perhaps your school could partner with Ferrari to start an international Formula One driver training program. It would be kinda cool for 8th graders to have the option of doing some training runs in Great Britain, France, Abu Dhabi, and all the other tracks where your school could send them to train with the best. No hard feelings, I hope, but there is no end in sight when we start telling other people how they could/should improve.

That would indeed be cool. Since we are reforming other people's schools, perhaps your school could partner with Ferrari to start an international Formula One driver training program. It would be kinda cool for 8th graders to have the option of doing some training runs in Great Britain, France, Abu Dhabi, and all the other tracks where your school could send them to train with the best. No hard feelings, I hope, but there is no end in sight when we start telling other people how they could/should improve.

No offense, but that was a really stupid and irrelevant analogy. We are all impacted by the TSSAA rules, the structure and by things that occur in the Chattanooga and TN wrestling community. The idiot is the one who rejects a good idea because it did not come from within his ranks. Thank goodness no one else follows that approach related to politics, college sports or anything else. The call from me and others, read the prior thread, is for a level playing field, no longer allowing Baylor and McCallie to recruit other high schools current athletes and if they do, they should sit out for a year like anyone else. The second suggestion is for these two schools to become national prep school powers and give our youth a really cool option versus just another local contender. I'm a parent and coach and want that option for my wrestlers.

That is the point, compete fairly, get out of the TSSAA and wrestle against these top schools. Give parents more options, we already have public schools and private schools that compete in TN and take their one trip to a (nationally) significant tournament. Chattanooga needs an option that allows kids to go get tested at the national high school tournaments on a regular basis. The parent's are paying for it, what is everyone afraid of?

As for McDonough they are a top 50 team, Baylor was not. Kiski finished ahead of Baylor at the Prep Slam and then finished 16th at the national prep tournament last year.

This is getting silly but here goes. One year doesn't make a program. 2010- Kiski 4th in National Preps, Baylor beats them by 85 points in the slam. 2011- Kiski is 6th in the preps, both Baylor and McCallie beat them handily at the Slam. Several Tennessee schools, including Baylor, have been ranked in the top 50 in the last several years so McDonough's ranking doesn't sway me much.

We need to change the name of this topic to,,," I want to suck-start the working end of my 9mm Glock with my mouth",, if this mundane topic continues?! I'm going to be on Suicide watch if something doesn't give! BCB I hold you directly responsible for my mood and well-being,,,please tell me your legacy isn't rubbish?! FYI: If the topic must continue, it would at least make sense to title it ,,,TSSAA,,,not Baylor.

Joe,,,Waddell...iii

Edited by CupCake

We need to change the name of this topic to,,," I want to suck-start the working end of my 9mm Glock with my mouth",, if this mundane topic continues?! I'm going to be on Suicide watch if something doesn't give! BCB I hold you directly responsible for my mood and well-being,,,please tell me your legacy isn't rubbish?! FYI: If the topic must continue, it would at least make sense to title it ,,,TSSAA,,,not Baylor.

Joe,,,Waddell...iii

I couldn't agree with you more- and sadly I'm participating. It makes BCB's retirement look wise and appealing.

Edited by mtnrasslin

I couldn't agree with you more- and sadly I'm participating. It makes BCB's retirement look wise and appealing.

Don't do it! This board can't afford to lose you,,,,, and BCB.

What you bring to the table is something BCB never could,,,High IQ and a wit that is wasted on those who don't have one,,haha

I will sadly continue to participate,,,mundane or not,,,haha,,,,but we really need a new topic. Maybe I can make something up?

Joe,,, Waddell's,,,Uncle!!!