Peabody at Dyersburg

goldentide

Years ago,Lake Co had the same problem.Had to play Bruceton every year that was loaded then.But a lot of Single A teams wouldnt play them back then so Lake Co had to play several private schools like USJ,ECS and public schools like Union City and Obion Central who wasnt a powerhouse but still a much larger school.Back then the UC and ECS games were the measuring stick to what LC would put on the field.Also had to go across the river a few times.And like to have kept them out of the top spot back then.Bruceton and LC would seem to tie and with Bruceton playing Gleason,Greenfield back then and LC playing ECS,etc,was hurting LC .But to now.Remember that Trenton is also in Double A.And even though playing dyersburg,all the small Single A schools are playing Dresden,Humboldt,McKenzie,Trenton etc.Some like UC is playing Central ,still a lot bigger school.Never know one year to the next how good Central will be.

But look at the bright side.After Dyersburg this week and UC next week.Probably have the easiest schedule left from any of us...lol

We haven't beaten Humboldt in a while and they seem to be improving each week. South Fulton has some great athletes so I don't know if it's easy but certainly not as demanding as the first half of the schedule.

Edited by bearcat22

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses about how hard the schedule is. Thats what the last guy did. The players are here most years. Now we have the coaching to go with them. Gaddis will give no quarter and expect none.

How do I know? I ASKED HIM. Not so much who we play, but having all the tough ones on the front end, and cupcakes before playoff time .You should try talking to him, super nice guy.

Strength of schedule is a factor in making the playoffs if you don't get an automatic bid, so is beating a team in a higher classification. So it is more likley to work IN our favor. Yes, it DID help us last year, thats how we got in with a 4-6 record. Strength of Schedule!

And FYI....He took the job knowing full well he could not change the schedule this year. That may make him an idiot in your eyes, but it tells me the man has guts. Thats the guy I want leading the Team. He ain't scared, the boys ain't scared, so why should the fans be?

Since you like lists then here's mine.

1) You misunderstand me. I'm not making excuses, I just think the fact that a school our size playing a schedule with super tough non district opponents every week is STUPID

2) I don't know him so I'm not comfortable just walking up to him and asking him about the schedule.

3) How do YOU know him?

4) Our schedule MAY have helped us last year to get into the playoffs, I will concede that

5) Our schedule last year did NOT help us in the playoffs or we would have won our first round game

6) I'm not SCARED of our schedule but I think it's just plain STUPID and for the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone with a brain would disagree

7) I think we have a good chance of beating Dyersburg but I think it's STUPID that we even play them

8) I have enjoyed making this list

I am a big fan of the Sonny Moore Ratings. Is it perfect? Absolutely not! Matter of fact it missed the West Carroll and South Gibson wins. It does give me a pretty good idea of when we are "SUPPOSED" to be competitive. We over achieved against Milan and Huntingdon and I EXPECT that we will continue to do so the remainder of our season. That being said look at this:

We are: #167 PEABODY 102.11

#122 DYERSBURG 108.26

#123 UNION CITY 108.19

#284 SOUTH FULTON 78.49

#137 HUMBOLDT 106.71

#296 HALLS 73.86

#319 GREENFIELD 64.29

To estimate the score difference of a game, compare the two

teams PR and add 2 points to the home team for the average HFA.

I like to think we could win out in the regular season, but I will not be upset if we hit one snag as long as we are getting better. I expect that we will make it to the third round give or take a game. I do not believe west teneessee is very good overall this year in 2A. It will be a battle between US, Dresden, Adamsville and Humboldt to see who plays at best: the east representative in the title game and at worst Trousdale County in the semis if they are shifted west as they have in the past at times.

Everyone needs to quite griping about the schedule and enjoy what should be some very good football games. STAY HEALTHY AND ROLLLLLL TIIIIIIDDDDEEE!!!!!!!!

I am a big fan of the Sonny Moore Ratings. Is it perfect? Absolutely not! Matter of fact it missed the West Carroll and South Gibson wins. It does give me a pretty good idea of when we are "SUPPOSED" to be competitive. We over achieved against Milan and Huntingdon and I EXPECT that we will continue to do so the remainder of our season. That being said look at this:

#122 DYERSBURG 108.26

#123 UNION CITY 108.19

#284 SOUTH FULTON 78.49

#137 HUMBOLDT 106.71

#296 HALLS 73.86

#319 GREENFIELD 64.29

I like to think we could win out in the regular season, but I will not be upset if we hit one snag as long as we are getting better. I expect that we will make it to the third round give or take a game. I do not believe west teneessee is very good overall this year in 2A. It will be a battle between US, Dresden, Adamsville and Humboldt to see who plays at best: the east representative in the title game and at worst Trousdale County in the semis if they are shifted west as they have in the past at times.

Everyone needs to quite griping about the schedule and enjoy what should be some very good football games. STAY HEALTHY AND ROLLLLLL TIIIIIIDDDDEEE!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: IF Westwood is better than I think then they could rain on my parade. I may have to go watch them when we play Greenfield if we are where I expect us to be. I just can't bring myself to think a 2A memphis school can make it to the semis or title game. I can not remember when the last time that happened.

#122 DYERSBURG 108.26

#123 UNION CITY 108.19

#284 SOUTH FULTON 78.49

#137 HUMBOLDT 106.71

#296 HALLS 73.86

#319 GREENFIELD 64.29

As I read this interesting information it appears that we "should" lose to Dyersburg, Union City, and Humboldt and win the rest to finish at 5-5. I "hope" we finish better than that but 5-5 "should" get us into the playoffs. The schedule is STUPID so I will have a hard time biting my tongue about it. I hope we don't slip up against SF, Halls, or Greenfield and I hope we win at least one of the other three.

A rating is just a number. thats all. If a team can get inspired and catch someone sleeping they can win. ie....West Carrol and Huntingdon. Im not saying WC is not for real but they did pull off the upset. The thing is just play every team with all your effort and take advantage of every mistake they make without making mistakes of your own.

As I read this interesting information it appears that we "should" lose to Dyersburg, Union City, and Humboldt and win the rest to finish at 5-5. I "hope" we finish better than that but 5-5 "should" get us into the playoffs. The schedule is STUPID so I will have a hard time biting my tongue about it. I hope we don't slip up against SF, Halls, or Greenfield and I hope we win at least one of the other three.

The only game I would be for dropping is Dyersburg. We have to play Milan! Sorry to me this is a must. The other two are Huntingdon and McKenzie which are our size. We will see what happens next year. For all we know we may be in the same district with McKenzie and Huntingdon. We will just have to wait and see if Gaddis schedules tough, cupcake or somewhere in between. My guess is some where in between. Alot of it will have to do with how well we do this year. Unfortunately some coaches do their best to schedule weak out of district and we could have a hard time finding games.

The only game I would be for dropping is Dyersburg. We have to play Milan! Sorry to me this is a must. The other two are Huntingdon and McKenzie which are our size. We will see what happens next year. For all we know we may be in the same district with McKenzie and Huntingdon. We will just have to wait and see if Gaddis schedules tough, cupcake or somewhere in between. My guess is some where in between. Alot of it will have to do with how well we do this year. Unfortunately some coaches do their best to schedule weak out of district and we could have a hard time finding games.

I agree with you about Dyersburg and Milan.

Okay guys if I can help yall out a little bit let me tell yall this. Tonight our JV thats UC took on the 4A Trojans of D=burg. When I left we were winning by 3 TDs. I know this is JV but a JV team can give a little insight to the way the varsity could play. What am i saying. If a 1A school can play a 4A school in JV then a 2A school should be able to play with thier varsity.

Swo, I was at the game tonight as well and i was there watching the Dyersburg freshman team play the Jv of Union City. There were a couple of Sophs mixed in but that was mainly our freshmen. Now I'm not saying that to discourage the thought that Trenton can beat Dyersburg. Because they absolutely can.

Well dang dude yall sure have a monster of a freshman class. It looked like about 30 or more kids to me.