2nd round lewis county losers

THECOLONEL

... but not in a dill pickle way.

May I quote you?

"I'm so ignorant about the wing-t.....The reason colleges don't run the wing-t is because it would give them an unfair advantage, right?"

If the shoe fits, wear it there braniac? The reason it's called the Delaware Wing T is because of the tremendous success that Delaware had running it, the college Delaware, not the town.

Touche!

Try again, it's just two for a dollar?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes lewis co. has had a grerecord since coach sharpe has been there. but isn't it every football team's gola to win the state championship. it has to be old every year winning ten games and then losing in the playoffs that is the same thing as going 5-5 and not going to playoffs because the two teams our sitting at home on the night of the state championship game.

Posted by jacketpride24:

yes lewis co. has had a grerecord since coach sharpe has been there. but isn't it every football team's gola to win the state championship. it has to be old every year winning ten games and then losing in the playoffs that is the same thing as going 5-5 and not going to playoffs because the two teams our sitting at home on the night of the state championship game.

Jacketpride? You have to be kidding me right? Do you play for Fairview? If so, you can answer this.. if not ask any of the Fairview guys?

Is this year more fun than going 2-8? I am proud for the Fairview team, their coaches, their players, their parents and the entire community. The reason they are enjoying this season is because they are 7-2, have an exceptional team and are ready to go into the State Playoffs. This wouldn't have been as much fun as going 1-9 or 2-8.

I have been here in Lewis County when we were 1-9... it's not much fun. If we were 1-9 this year, no one would be bringing up this point, they would simply be arguing that the coaches don't know what they are doing...HA Oh wait, some of them are arguing that now, of course they are sensibly correct, I am sure. Sometimes it doesn't matter if you go 10-0 or 0-10, you are gonna catch the ire of some "fans."

i play for fairview i was just saying it is all the same. yeah see the difference is just because we have a good season we won't be bragging about it until we win state. i believe the only people who can brag our those who win state. in every sport a coaches job is to produce championships. if they don't they get fired, that's all i am sayin.

<. seem to be subconsciously satisfied with just getting to the playoffs. I know that a bunch of the die-hards are going to read this and start spewing venom, but y'all know I'm right. Most sensible people in Lewis county mark this as the biggest problem they have with this program. All around Lewis county, you see State Champions and Mr. or Miss. Basketball or Football honorees, but nothing for Lewis county. Perry county has won 6 state championships in boys basketball, Summertown has won the State in boys baseball, Wayne county girls basketball has won 1 (but should have won several) State, Clifton girls baskeball has won a State, Columbia Academy in boys baseball, Lawrence county in girls basketball, Hickman county in girls basketball, Collinwood in girls basketball, Loretto in girls basketball, and even Summertown in girls doubles tennis. Perry county has 2 Mr. Basketball honorees, Hickman county has a Miss Basketball, Collinwood has a Mr. Football (and Jon Ward will likely win this year), Wayne County has a Miss Basketball, Lawrence county has a Miss Basketball, and I'm almost certain that Columbia Central has had a Mr. Football, but I can't say for sure because I'm doing this from memory.

Be honest, how many times have you watched Lewis county get beaten by a team that was better prepared or had more heart? As I posted at the first of the season, the difference between champions and also-rans is expecting to win and hoping to win.

I am a fan of Lewis county football, but I reserve the right to be critical. Part of the problem lies with the Wing T. I don't like it because it relies more on deception than putting the ball in the hands of the talent. There are several Lewis county football fans who share my belief. The other part of the problem lies with the 4-4 defense. Ezell-Harding would beat Lewis county by 40 with their pass-happy offense. Luckily for Lewis county, the only team that tried to pass was Lawrence county and they weren't a very good team. And before the naysayers start tuning up, ask yourselves if you don't think Lewis county would be a better team with a different offense. Lewis county wins because it has better players and the opposition doesn't have the talent to shut down the middle and the ends. Lewis county always loses in the playoffs because they run up against a team that DOES have the talent to shut down the middle and the ends. A different look on offense would stir things up for the opposing defense. Imagine what one of those West Tennessee teams would think if they saw a Pro-Set, an empty backfield or Sharp lined up in the shotgun with Daly lined up beside him.Hickman Co has 2 Ms.basketball

Guest nighttrainlane

cardsman, if lewis co. was in anything besides the wingt they'd get the total crap kicked out of them. Its tough to run a pro I with a bunch of 4.9 40 guys(and thats being gracious i'm sure) YOu may be watching to much NFL on sunday. I recommend you watch crockett co., goodpasture, huntingdon, memphis east, david lipscomb, westmoreland, alcoa(when meadows was there). Believe me, your coach knows what he's doing.

Posted by jacketpride24:

i play for fairview i was just saying it is all the same. yeah see the difference is just because we have a good season we won't be bragging about it until we win state. i believe the only people who can brag our those who win state. in every sport a coaches job is to produce championships. if they don't they get fired, that's all i am sayin.

Well partner, I wish you well but after your team falls short of winning the state championship, not a word from YOU, even if you make it to the Blue Cross Bowl and shock the world by losing to say...Tyner, Sweetwater or Goodpasture by 1 point in 6 overtimes.. Not one word from YOU about the good season, the good team or how close you came... not a word.

Checkerboard I told you at the beginning of the season I would expose you and now is about time. You went to school to be a writer and flunked out. I believe you played DB and CB for let's say a Lewis County team. You lived in a dream world for let's say someone close in the family and now all you do, well I won't say except you bum off the world. If you want your real identity revealed just post one more post about your old school and everyone in the same town you live in will know exactly who you are. Get a life and realize that those who make it to the top work hard and do things right and even more important keep everyone healthy. By the way I forgot about the most important thing, They have alot of luck along the way.

Tommy that's no way to talk about a former LC great. His blood line produces some of the best athletes known to Hohenwald, at least to hear them tell it. Perhaps he will enlighten us further on his football knowledge in his soon- to-be released autobiography, which is the most anticipated book release in Lewis County History. :D