Dobyns-Bennett bye week. Where can we improve?

dbFAN91

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like DB wouldn't know about actually winning a title? You guys make this too easy

And another thing. When DB was winning those State titles did you know that we had to schedule games against some College teams just to get a game. And we beat them. I wish i had the facts and scores to give you to prove it. Back then when you scored the opposing team could elect to kick the ball back to you instead of receive. In one particular game DB scored over 100 pts. because the other team could'nt advance the ball on us. Kind of like our scrimmage this year against your Green Devils. You know, the one where we spanked your butts. Roll Tribe!!!!!!

Last 60 years?

Devils 2 titles

db.........0

I guess you were not a math major. Idiot. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobyns-Bennett High School Kingsport, TN Nickname: Indians All-Time Record (1921-Present): 737-217-28 State Titles: 1964, 1960, 1959, 1955, 1949, 1948, 1947, 1945, 1940, 1939, 1936, 1935, 1923 Historical Opponents Facts and Figures

Edited by dbFAN91

They could beg the TSSAA to get them out of the Big 8. They get more work out of intrasquad games than playing the conference schedule. Three games this year the starters will be out in the 1st quarter. The other 4 games will over by the half. It's bad for everyone involved. They do not get the challenge they deserve and the other teams get two or three key players banged up and worse, they carry a 50-60 point beat down with them the rest of their lives. All the programs in the conference work hard and put in the time, lift weights, and prepare non stop but DB is just a great program. They are full of class and put in the work. Total package. I would love to see them get a state championship in the modern era. Tennessee is one of the few states that care about the distance teams travel. I say travel and get the competition they deserve.

I guess you were not a math major. Idiot. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobyns-Bennett High School Kingsport, TN Nickname: Indians All-Time Record (1921-Present): 737-217-28 State Titles: 1964, 1960, 1959, 1955, 1949, 1948, 1947, 1945, 1940, 1939, 1936, 1935, 1923 Historical Opponents Facts and Figures

Math

1923-1968 is 45 years. DB is voted State Champion 13 times

That is a State Championship every 3.46 years

1969-2011 is 42 years. DB has 0 State Championships

What are the odds that DB wins 0 State Championships in the 42 years after winning 13 State Championships in the preceding 45 years?

DB should, by all rights, have 12.1387 more Championships listed above.

One can only conclude that the Voting was Seriously Flawed.

Math

1923-1968 is 45 years. DB is voted State Champion 13 times

That is a State Championship every 3.46 years

1969-2011 is 42 years. DB has 0 State Championships

What are the odds that DB wins 0 State Championships in the 42 years after winning 13 State Championships in the preceding 45 years?

DB should, by all rights, have 12.1387 more Championships listed above.

One can only conclude that the Voting was Seriously Flawed.

Ok, using your twisted logic, Why don't we just have a vote every year for the DB-South game. Maybe your powder blue boys could pick up a win that way. On second thought, nobody's that stupid to vote a South win over DB.

Guys, we've already had this "legitimate state title argument" back on the DB offseason thread. If they want to cling to the "glory" days of nearly a half century ago, let'em.

Oh, and you don't need to put Greeneville in all CAPS every time; it is already easily identifiable. It is the only Green"e"ville in the United States that is misspelled, after all.

Edited by voltnh

Where to improve? The Scheduling, period. I know that DB/Clark has been tied the last 4 years with this Big 8 Conference and only having 3 games to schedule non-conference opponents, but next season that should change, with as many as 5 games to be played outside the Conference.

It is widely believed that Sullivan South and Sullivan Central will both drop from 3A/5A to 2A/4A next year and the Indians have already announced that the Clinton Series is over.

So, keep Sevier County always, keep Farragut I guess...both are 6A Football Schools...now go out and get 3 quality opponents for the other games.

Roll Tribe Roll