Beech vs. White House- The Bucs and Devils

Cleggy

Perhaps he had something to say to his team, like remember this feeling and don't overlook the next team, etc. I don't think it was unsportsmanlike at all. I knew we went into that game overconfident just by looking at them before the game. Our guys were all relaxed, California cool with the pads and helmets off and all. Portland was dressed and jacked. We deserved to lose that night.

Exactly the response I was hoping to get, you nailed it. YOU didnt think it was unsportsman like, many on Portlands side did. Were both right? Were both wrong? Yes and Yes,icon_e_biggrin.gif lol All of this stuff is based on peoples perceptions. Does that make one right over the other? Of course not. Like I have made comments in other threads, my son has baseball friends, (teammates) on just about every high school team in the county, including WH. He even has cousins to go to WH. People have to understand these are young men are 18 and under, still kids in my eyes. We all need to remember that when name calling and such on here or even number calling. Heck when Porter was young he coached in the little league I played in, in Gallatin, Coach Grantham, (who I just learned has retired from Coaching at WH, was one of my baseball coaches at Gallatin in 85. People are going to act and think on what they know and what they perceive to see. Peoples nature. But I really dont think there has been any real trash talking on here by Beech. I always ask my son after his freshmen games and the varsity games. How was the other team. He has said nothing but nice things about most of them, including Hendersonville and Beech. He has told me of one team that trashed talked the entire game. When I mean trash talk, I mean real trash talk. I wont mention which team it was, because it was on the field between the whistle and between the lines, after the game, all forgotten. Believe me until you have a kid play football in Portland you have no idea what these kids have been through the last several years and they are keeping it honorable, but, we are only half way through the season, licon_e_biggrin.gif ol.....Good luck to everyone tonight, praying for yalls safety. I know we have a long ride to Clarksville,..looking forward to the scoreboard show on 104.5 to hear how everyone in Sumner County did tonight.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. Nobody's giving us a chance. Why do we even play the games??? Other than Hurd, what does Beech have? I like our match up with them. We'll see if they can catch our superstar RB! Hurd can't do it all. He might just get rocked anyways. BDP!

Yes, you might as well have not even played this game. As a matter of fact, did WH play this game?

Doesn't appear so....

Well apparently Beech is the real deal after disecting the Blue Devils tonight. Beech should, baring any circumstances, be playing in Cookeville in December and lay claim to the 2012 5A State Championship. Congrats to our neighbors down the road. Three good things tonight:

1. The field looked great tonight, as good as a carpeted one;

2. The place was packed, both teams had great support there;

3. Jalen Hurd only played in the first halfhappy.png

Goodpasture up next for the Devils. BDP!

Well apparently Beech is the real deal after disecting the Blue Devils tonight. Beech should, baring any circumstances, be playing in Cookeville in December and lay claim to the 2012 5A State Championship. Congrats to our neighbors down the road. Three good things tonight:

1. The field looked great tonight, as good as a carpeted one;

2. The place was packed, both teams had great support there;

3. Jalen Hurd only played in the first halfhappy.png

Goodpasture up next for the Devils. BDP!

WAY too early for this, lots of ball to be played.

Indeed, hats off to the WH grounds keeper. That is the best I have ever seen that field look.

Good luck against the Cougars.

Edited by tandem