9A

archangel

This is my son's first year attending Moore Co. due to a move, and I have to say that I have never seen him this happy. He really likes all of his teammates and his coach. I never thought I would ever see the day that he would get up at 5:30 A.M. to lift weights without complaining. I guess there is negative wherever you may be, but based upon past situations my son has been a part of..........Moore Co. is a paradise! Any parent that I have spoken to thus far has only resulted in a positive conversation, the people here have been GREAT! Hopefully the football players that play basketball will bring the success and winning attitude with them to the basketball court and the others will feed off of that. I plan to focus only on the good, because there is a lot of good things right now at Moore Co., and there are a lot of places a whole lot worse......I promise!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not dogging anyone but the past few seasons have been down to MC standards in the past. Hopefully this will be our year to finally get t he motor running to the ways of old. everybody around here is wanting nothin but the best but there have been a few bad eggs in the last few classes who joked after losses and still think its funny and never expected anything but to not succeed. i know the ones that are seniors now are wanting things to be better they have been the ones mad at the last few groupd for folding and your son being new blood hopefully he can bring some new life also and welcome to MC!

Thanks! I truly appreciate it. My son is one of the 6 sophomores, and if he can help the team in any way I will be glad. Any contribution that any of the 6 sophomores can make will be huge for the team, and each of them bring something special to the table to help in some phase of the game. I am sure most of the weight will be put on the 6 upper classmen, as it should, but any contribution from any sophomore that deep in your bench will only make your team better. To be honest......just seeing my son excited to play basketball for the first time in a few years is priceless to me!

There is a District 9A Preview posted on www.forresthoops.com if you are interested. The write-ups are just opinion mixed with some facts about returning players and last year's results, but it could at least get the conversations started and give more information about some of the teams. All write-ups are positive and professional as I hope all of the conversations in this thread will be. The coaches and players in District 9A work very hard and it looks to be a great season ahead. Also there are some comments about rumors of transfers, ect. All of those are just rumors at this point, and as we see every year, until the ball is dropped we will have no real idea who will win this district. Too many quality teams.

Moore county is bring back experience but as in years past the question has been with esteem thru the team so if they can get a positive mindset and forget about the bad past seasons a improvement will be made. Also a big ? Fayetville City i expect big thing eventually from them taking it t hey had alot of young kids with talent that just needs to molded if it alll comes together and they have matured instead of being cole to the bottom they could this year be somewherein the middle of the pack. but everyone else in the district will still be tough i expect

1. Forrest

2. Cascade

3. Huntland

4. Moore Co

5. Community

6. MTCS

7. Fayetteville City

8. Eagleville

There is no way Eagleville and Community will finish in the bottom half.

Its been a lot of fun for me to read this thread from start to finish. It appears based upon others' predictions that Forrest seems to be the favorite.......but after that it appears to be quite the crap shoot! LOL I absolutely love it! Sounds like its going to be a great season and I am looking forward to seeing it all unfold. Personally I think the teams with the most depth will be the ones who will win those few extra games to move them closer to the top of the standings since it appears all the teams are too close in talent to predict an absolute order of finish. Its hard to ride 2 or 3 guys and consistently get the W's night in and night out over a long schedule. Fresh legs without a drastic drop off in talent, and a lot of bodies bringing different things to the floor is what its all about! I personally will be wearing "THE COLUMBIA BLUE" during the season and cheering for every member on our team, and not just my own son. HOWEVER I am also a lover of the game of basketball and will tip my hat to others for a job well done. I just hope for a competative season without any ugly moments that take away from the spirit of competition. I am also not going to make any preseason predictions and make anyone mad on here lol. Perhaps all the teams will go 7-7, and then we can let the TSSAA sort out the tie breakers lol......what more could you ask for in a district!!!

this district has plenty of good players and should be an interesting season

Huntland still has Mclennan and they got some new talent form hazel green.

MTCS still has spears and some other good players.

Forrest still has pope and all of that group

Cascade has the most players returning

Fayettville city is still a young team but a very athletic group of young men

Eagleville still has an athletic group of kids

Moore county stiil has talent only losing one major threat. they have davis and harvey returning along with some other threats

Community has the fanning kid and still has a good post player

give me your comments on each teams best players and players to look for this coming up season.

Moore county is bring back experience but as in years past the question has been with esteem thru the team so if they can get a positive mindset and forget about the bad past seasons a improvement will be made. Also a big ? Fayetville City i expect big thing eventually from them taking it t hey had alot of young kids with talent that just needs to molded if it alll comes together and they have matured instead of being cole to the bottom they could this year be somewherein the middle of the pack. but everyone else in the district will still be tough i expect

1. Forrest

2. Cascade

3. Huntland

4. Moore Co

5. Community

6. MTCS

7. Fayetteville City

8. Eagleville

Eagleville finishing last in the district. That has not happen in a long time and it want happen this year. Seldom does Eagleville finish out of the top four.

My Picks

1. Cascade: Returning Core of team

2. Forrest: Always good

3. Huntland: One Player, best around

4. MTCS: Great Coach

5. Moore Co: Undefeated at home this year

6. Community: Could be a suprise team, thre good players for sure

7. Eagleville: One good player, doesnt have enough surrounding him.

8. Fayetteville City: Atheletic, dont know how to play the game yet.

Dont anyone get upset, just my thoughts.