Portland vs. Clarksville Academy

FCFalcon

CA has had "1 test game" this season (vs Nashville Christian). The other wins came against mediocre competition. Their next 4 games are "the meat" of their schedule.

Portland has already played Beech, Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, White House, and Greenbrier this season. They still have Station Camp and Wilson Central after this one.

If the Panthers want to get back to the playoffs this season they have to beat Clarksville Academy, Lebanon, and Gallatin. There's just no way around it!

With a loss in this one the second half of the season would be full of heartache in P-TOWN.

Hey, I didn't have to start a thread this week! rolleyes.gif I believe Portland has a shot at winning this one. We're a lot better than in years past, and we played CA close last year, only losing 7 - 3, while they were beating everyone they played pretty bad, just like this season. In most situations, 5A should beat 1A, and I believe the improved Panthers will make that the case this week. popcorneater.gif I look for the purple and white to take this one by a score of 21 - 13. cool.png

CA has had "1 test game" this season (vs Nashville Christian). The other wins came against mediocre competition. Their next 4 games are "the meat" of their schedule.

Portland has already played Beech, Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, White House, and Greenbrier this season. They still have Station Camp and Wilson Central after this one.

If the Panthers want to get back to the playoffs this season they have to beat Clarksville Academy, Lebanon, and Gallatin. There's just no way around it!

With a loss in this one the second half of the season would be full of heartache in P-TOWN.

Dont forget, they still have lebanon!

Like others have stated, for us to have a "turn around year" we have to beat CA this week. From what I have heard, we have to be able to stop their QB, he is their offense. Like I said before the season started. Portland's offense is miles ahead of where it was last year. I would have been happy this year with a single win, since the offensive scheme has changed so much(and for the better), but to now have a chance at a .500 season is awesome. This year we are moving the ball and scoring. Building blocks, I keep saying, lol. Which is a testament to the all the work the assistant coaches are putting in and the attitude of the ball players and the senior leadership this year. Good luck to both teams and praying for a safe game.

Halftime score: Portland 27 - Clarksville Acad. 0

End of 3rd, Portland leads 42 - 0.

Final score: Portland 49 - Clarksville Acad. 0

Panthers running game clicked tonight as they rolled up over 400 yds. rushing to win their third game of the season for the first time since the 2005 season! thumb[1].gificon_eek.gificon_e_biggrin.gif Great job Portland!!!

Edited by PPride

Good job the line did blocking as well, great night for the rb's, Anthony Lynch ended up with 266 yds I believe I heard that on the radio.. We have Wilson Central this week. Tough matchup. Praying for a safe game. I think we are there on Friday night, and our Freshmen play them at home on Thursday night.

Edited by SOUTHERNFRIED