Sycacmore vs Westmoreland

Mr. Postman1

Westmoreland's team and coaching staff done an excellent job tonight taking it to the Sycamore team from the flip of the coin in which we deferred and then kicked an onside kick to really get the game off to a good start. Our offensive line was blocking very well from the point of attack as well as downfield. Lane Troutt really had a break out night tonight on offense. Everybody knows he's one of the best linebackers to ever play at Motown but tonight he really showed his running ability. Like I've said before Spencer Hodge is the closest thing I'v seen to being a Clint Brown since he graduated up here in Westmoreland. The Defense shut the Sycamore team out tonight. The B-teamers gave up the score or it would have been our 4th consecutive shut out and the fifth on the year. J-C Fitts and the gang up front have done an outstanding job shutting down the run all year. Tonight Lucas Ward stepped into the defensive end position for the first time all year and had 3 maybe 4 sacks. Things are looking good around the rockpile this season and it looks promising to even hosting a playoff game. Gordonsville is up next. I know the radio is already predicting a loss but this game could surprise some people. It really means nothing to each team except for bragging rights but it will be a war.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Motown wishes they had another shot at White House. I think the second go round wouldn't even be close.

Been a while since we've seen you on here Catalyst...

The more I think about it the game between Gville and Westmoreland could be a dandy! Westmoreland is by far one of, if not, the most improved team in the area...

Westmoreland's team and coaching staff done an excellent job tonight taking it to the Sycamore team from the flip of the coin in which we deferred and then kicked an onside kick to really get the game off to a good start. Our offensive line was blocking very well from the point of attack as well as downfield. Lane Troutt really had a break out night tonight on offense. Everybody knows he's one of the best linebackers to ever play at Motown but tonight he really showed his running ability. Like I've said before Spencer Hodge is the closest thing I'v seen to being a Clint Brown since he graduated up here in Westmoreland. The Defense shut the Sycamore team out tonight. The B-teamers gave up the score or it would have been our 4th consecutive shut out and the fifth on the year. J-C Fitts and the gang up front have done an outstanding job shutting down the run all year. Tonight Lucas Ward stepped into the defensive end position for the first time all year and had 3 maybe 4 sacks. Things are looking good around the rockpile this season and it looks promising to even hosting a playoff game. Gordonsville is up next. I know the radio is already predicting a loss but this game could surprise some people. It really means nothing to each team except for bragging rights but it will be a war.

i told you the eagles would win by 2 td's or more and you told me the eagles where the darkhorse of the district.you were right.the darkhorse is out of the barn.gvile and the eagles will be a close game.i won't guess a score on this one -toss up.

Been a while since we've seen you on here Catalyst...

The more I think about it the game between Gville and Westmoreland could be a dandy! Westmoreland is by far one of, if not, the most improved team in the area...

When you say Westmoreland is the most improved you are right in the since that they are improved in the mistake category. I have said and will say it again, last seasons record did not show how good that team really was. Some could make the argument they were better than this years team. I'm really proud of the way Westmoreland football rebounded from a bad coaching hire in 2009. It amazes me how one year can damage a program so dramatically. I'm thankful to have people like coach Kelly who care about the program enough to step back in and try to right the ship before it sinks completely. Hiring Coach Harris was great for the team because he added a fire to the players that I believe Coach Kelly would agree they really needed. He separated the wheat from the chaffe early on. We have steadily improved every year since the 09 season in which we were terrible. I went to a game in which our team probably didnt gain a yard. For someone who cares about the program this was very embarrasing. As far as Sycamore goes they could have been a little overated coming into the game Friday and at this point I'm wondering how good Cheatham County is the closer playoff time gets here. I'm optimistic that Westmoreland could win a game or 2 in the playoffs given a good draw. Westmoreland has a good defense. Just hoping we dont have anymore injuries or suspensions. We've already lost 2 this season, dont want to lose anymore. Edited by Mr. Postman1

i told you the eagles would win by 2 td's or more and you told me the eagles where the darkhorse of the district.you were right.the darkhorse is out of the barn.gvile and the eagles will be a close game.i won't guess a score on this one -toss up.

gord by 21

Westmoreland and White House can't meet in the playoffs. Westmoreland is 3A and White House is 4A. Both teams, along with Greenbrier who had been struggling, got big wins on Friday night. Westmoreland has a great shot of going 9-1 or 8-2 and hosting an opening round playoff game. After beating Westmoreland, Goodpasture, and Greenbrier already this season, White House is in great shape. They have Macon and Sycamore remaining. If they take care of business they will be Deistrict Champs.

Westmoreland and White House can't meet in the playoffs. Westmoreland is 3A and White House is 4A. Both teams, along with Greenbrier who had been struggling, got big wins on Friday night. Westmoreland has a great shot of going 9-1 or 8-2 and hosting an opening round playoff game. After beating Westmoreland, Goodpasture, and Greenbrier already this season, White House is in great shape. They have Macon and Sycamore remaining. If they take care of business they will be Deistrict Champs.