York @ Dekalb County

DCTIGERFAN

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take too much away from the 62 you scored on us, because though 62 is 62, unfortunately for us, we played 2's most of the game on defense and then your last two was mainly on our current 3's which at the start of the season would have been our fifth or sixth string. most of the game we had three or four freshmen out on the field at minimum due to suspensions and injuries.Our coaching staff is having to correct some deep rooted problems which will take some time, and my son said they had to move a corner to mlb before the game because the mlb quit right before the game started. Not taking anything away from you all though, because you all clearly are a good team, and this is a much better york team than in the past t. As a lifelong fan of the split back veer, I thought your quarterback did a great job of reading the defense and making the right play on the triple option, very unselfish. Your team reads the triple option better than just about anyone around, and you found our weaker younger players and made us pay again and again for having them on the field. I was surprised about your special teams though, you had four kicks total blocked and you allowed us to run a kickoff back though you did run one back yourself. I was impressed by your teams sportsmanship, this was one of the cleaner games we have had all year. This will be an interesting game for us especially since we are probably moving down to 4a next year and we have a really good chance of being in your district. Good luck to both teams.

Is Cumberland for sure moving down to 4a next season? If so what makes you think they will be in district 8aa? I dont think yall will find it any easier in 8aa than in your current district. I think most ppl would agree that even though 8aa is 3a and 4a schools our district is better and stronger as a whole than the one you currently play in.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Whether they win or lose will not matter they will come and play hard every play of every down.

At the end of the day, that is all you can ask from your football team!

Do I think we will lose? No. "Can" we lose? Of course. Anything can happen. Let's just hope there are no injuries and we (us, York, Smith, LA) all represent our district well in the playoffs.

Go Tigers!

At the end of the day, that is all you can ask from your football team!

Do I think we will lose? No. "Can" we lose? Of course. Anything can happen. Let's just hope there are no injuries and we (us, York, Smith, LA) all represent our district well in the playoffs.

Go Tigers!

AMEN!!! Keep it clean and play hard! Coach Trapp has our guys rolling and the whole county is behind them! I hope York brings a big crowd because the environment is awesome! Getting a seat is a challenge. All trash talk aside these boys have played each other since junior pro, they don't like us no more than we like them. but we still have sportsmanship and I am sure they will also! Tiger Pride