York @ Dekalb County

DCTIGERFAN

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a battle of two undefeated teams how will this game play out? I got Dekalb winning 40-17. I think York will hang tough for the first half, then our depth will prove to be to much and we pull away. Lets hear everyones thoughts, opinions, and predicitions on the game.

Based on previous games, I am thinking 42-7. Of course, anything can happen. Although, I don't see York scoring more on our Defense than Smith County did. Hixson probably had more yards against us than any other opponent and I actually expected another 50-100 yards out of them. They definately had some skill players with speed. Does York have that kind of speed? I don't know much about their team, this year. I know they are averaging about the same amount of points as we are, but they may be the only school in the state that had as weak of a starting schedule as we did. mellow.png Although, we have played two quality opponents these last two weeks and still held both of them under 2 TDs. I know they have the Moore kid that transfered in and he is having a great year, but I am not sure he is any "better" than the Hixson back and I really don't think he is as good as Manning. So, that is what I am basing my prediction on. (But, like I said... "anything can happen"!)

Go Tigers!

Edited by TigerMan62

In a battle of two undefeated teams how will this game play out? I got Dekalb winning 40-10. I think York will hang tough for the first half, then our depth will prove to be to much and we pull away. Lets hear everyones thoughts, opinions, and predicitions on the game.

LOL, I see you edited your post and changed it to 40-10, you must have did that after I had already hit "Quote". ;)

They have a pretty good offense this year. They haven't played a defense like ours though. After these last two wins I feel alot more comfortable with everything. I think we have too many weapons, too much depth, and too stingy of a defense for them. They will put up a bit more of a fight than normal for them, but as previously stated I don't think they have a Jalen Manning or the kid from Hixson last night. Only thing we gotta worry about is the run D is great, but we gotta drop back and defend the pass too. We seemed to do that great against Smith Co. and confused them alot. Last night we stayed up a little too much.

York is not better than Smith Co. SC's defense is better than York's. SC's line play is better than York's. I will say York's offense is actually probably better than SC's this year, maybe. They don't have a back as solid as Manning, and we've stopped some good fast backs this season. I just don't think York's defense will know what to do with our offense. We have so many play makers that if one thing doesn't work we have so many options. Especially if we are clicking without turnovers. Had 3 stupid mistakes after driving the ball last night and still put up 42 that isn't bad. The line is making a huge impact. That has always been a problem, but this year they are all experienced and got more size on them. I just think York will have too much on their plate.

Just some film. Heard a whole lot though from trusted people. I don't feel they have anything we haven't seen recently. Not even the new guy. I just think this is DC's year to run the table.. Livingston will be the team to beat. I honestly think York will be shaky with such a step up in competition. DeKalb just has to stay focused and play this game and take one week at a time. Don't beat yourselves. I think we will be ok.

LOL, I see you edited your post and changed it to 40-10, you must have did that after I had already hit "Quote". icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah I changed my score about 5 minutues after I posted it. I got to thinking that I might of been a little to friendly with their points scored considering no one has scored more than 13 on us. Personally for me this game is hard to predict because of the unknown. Yeah York is 5-0 but who have they played? They could end up being a good tough team that falls short due to talent alone but hangs tough all game. Or they could come in a get blown out since we will be the first good team they play. Either way Dekalb still wins.